News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Quick Fuel metering blocks

Started by greenpigs, February 15, 2010, 09:23:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenpigs

I bought the set for converting my 4160 to dual metering blocks. Neither jegs or summits had a picture and at 100 bucks for 2 billet aluminum pieces I think I know why. So now I have a Proform main body and have quickly made a mutt of a carb. Anyone else do this and have any issues?
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Chryco Psycho

there is a lot more going on inside a metering block than just a chunk of machined alum
you should have a great running carb

greenpigs

I'm aware of that Psycho. I work in a machine shop and was just curious. Nice to hear from you Neil.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

firefighter3931

The QF metering blocks will work fine....excellent upgrade, inmo  :2thumbs:

It'll be nice to use standard jets instead of metering plates to adjust the secondary jetting.  :icon_smile_big:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

my73charger

Can you post a picture of these?  I was thinking about going this route as well.

firefighter3931

Quote from: my73charger on February 17, 2010, 01:58:33 PM
Can you post a picture of these?  I was thinking about going this route as well.

Here's a link to the quickfuel website. These are the 4160 (vacuum secondary) metering block set :

http://www.quickfueltechnology.com/metering-blocks-and-parts/metering-block-kit-for-vacuum-secondary-w--transfer-tube.html

They also have different blocks available for standard fuel curves as well as agressive fuel curves for 4150 carbs as well  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

my73charger

firefighter3931

Quote from: my73charger on February 18, 2010, 09:31:24 AM
Thanks Ron.  Those look nice.

Yes, the sure do !  :drool5:

I went with a quickfuel 1050 on the new 572 build and it's an awesome carb !  :2thumbs:

Ron

my73charger

I have an 800 Holley double pumper that I recently bought a nice red billet base for.  I want to upgrade the metering blocks as well and would like them to match the new base I have.  Those look like the ticket as I have heard good things about QF.  Not a bad price for both with gaskets....