News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Does anyone know this Bird?

Started by hemiviper588, March 07, 2010, 10:06:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemiviper588

It is currently on Ebay for sale, has anyone seen this car?  Any opinions on value in todays market? I am planning on looking at it this week...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170455374558&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

nascarxx29

http://wwnboa.org/cgi-bin/vindb/vindb.cgi?search=165368 .Nothing much but this which is only a guess is it wearing PA yellow blue license plates?There are alot of birds and in that color :Twocents:
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

hemiviper588

It has a Michigan Historical plate, the car is located in Saginaw Michgan.

maxwellwedge

Except for the exterior re-paint and a few detail items it looks like a fairly original car. Every time I hear dealer installed 6 Pack/6BBL I think - Yea ok and who really cares.. :icon_smile_big:

If the metal is solid and everything matches and the paperwork is in order I will say 65-80k

moparstuart

Quote from: maxwellwedge on March 07, 2010, 06:30:41 PM
Except for the exterior re-paint and a few detail items it looks like a fairly original car. Every time I hear dealer installed 6 Pack/6BBL I think - Yea ok and who really cares.. :icon_smile_big:

If the metal is solid and everything matches and the paperwork is in order I will say 65-80k
4 spd i'm guessing 100k
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

maxwellwedge

Hey son - I agreed with you on the last price guess!  :icon_smile_blackeye:   Kids........

moparstuart

Quote from: maxwellwedge on March 07, 2010, 08:50:24 PM
Hey son - I agreed with you on the last price guess!  :icon_smile_blackeye:   Kids........
I know but i dont think this  car should sell  that cheap ,maybe it will and you will prove me wrong .   :nana:  dads and sons rarely agree  :icon_smile_big:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Aero426

Finally had a chance to dig into the DSAC registry tonight.    I found it by the J97748 special order number.    The VIN is in the 167xxx range.  

The car looks like a super honest machine.   It was registered in 1983 by the previous owner in Saginaw as described.  It was in excellent condition then with original paint and had the 6-pack on it back then.   Mileage listed today makes sense.  It's had less than 10k miles since '83, and less than 2000 miles since 1990.   The photo attached is from 1983 before it was painted.    

Aero426

Pic #2 circa 1982.  It probably had the original license plate bracket under the front plate.     Yes, some cars got plates mounted like this.    You should be able to look inside the nose and see some evidence of the two holes.    Love those Keystones too.

If you're serious about buying a Bird, this looks like a good car with no bad stories to explain.   The color is common, but the 4-speed and buckets sure are nice.  

hemiviper588

Thanks for all the info and awesome pics!

hemiviper588

I talked with owner this AM, he wants 125K ...more than I want to spend on a Bird. It does sound like a very nice original car however. He has the Buld Sheet, drivetrain is matching #'s etc.

maxwellwedge

Even if the paint was still all original waaaaay too much for a 4 BBL car.

Aero426

Considering you can buy the non numbers blue Daytona for $135k, even if the Bird is a numbers car, it's a little high for this moment in time.    I think it would prove out to be a car anyone could sleep well at night owning.  Price just needs some adjustment.   

hemiviper588

It was bid up to 70K, is that all that it is worth these days?