News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

HOW WIDE CAN I GO.

Started by cazz, February 04, 2012, 10:54:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

Quote from: XS29LA47V21 on March 13, 2012, 02:22:14 PM
Finally got rubber on
235-60s on 8"rims & 295-50s on 10" rims (as tight as I remembered from 10yrs ago)

Great stance!   :2thumbs:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Kern Dog

I am relieved.
I thought that this was a post about some male enhancement pills or something....

chargerbr549

On my Charger I went with 15x10 wheels with 5.5 backspacing and 295/50/15 Cooper tires and had rubbing issues on the inner wheel well when turning corners so I ended up installing a rear sway bar and scraping off the undercoating and that stopped most of the rubbing then I ended up making some cast iron spacers from old disc brake rotors cut off in the lathe and they were a little thicker than .250" to space out the wheels, I installed a little longer wheel studs to compensate for that. If it was sitting at stock ride height I would have went with the 5" backspace wheels and been done with it but since it sits a little lower than stock and looking to lower it a little more you start coming real close to the bump in the outer part of the wheel well just behind the wheel lip moulding which I will be modifying or eliminating the bump when I put on my new AMD quarter panels in the near future or when I win the Lottery!

Kevin