News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need to choose an EFI system

Started by Dino, October 17, 2022, 10:34:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

Quote from: INTMD8 on November 24, 2022, 02:09:08 AM
^ You're still using a distributor so wouldn't it just go to coil negative?

Yes the stock tach would go to coil negative, but I was hoping there was a way to upgrade the guts so it runs of the Pro Flo ecu. The tach is not exactly accurate.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

metallicareload99

I gotta think there's a tach output somewhere on the Pro-Flo? If not I'd think one of the MSD tach adapters would do the job (8910 or 8913)
1968, When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth

INTMD8

Quote from: Dino on November 24, 2022, 05:38:17 PM

Yes the stock tach would go to coil negative, but I was hoping there was a way to upgrade the guts so it runs of the Pro Flo ecu. The tach is not exactly accurate.

I see. I sent mine to Redline gauge works and the modernized the internals.  Uses the tach output from Holley efi.

(I also used an output to dual purpose the hood turn signals into a shift light)
69 Charger. 438ci Gen2 hemi. Flex fuel. Holley HP efi. 595rwhp 475rwtq

Dino

Quote from: INTMD8 on December 05, 2022, 06:09:40 PM
Quote from: Dino on November 24, 2022, 05:38:17 PM

I see. I sent mine to Redline gauge works and the modernized the internals.  Uses the tach output from Holley efi.

(I also used an output to dual purpose the hood turn signals into a shift light)

Smart!

I will contact Redline and see what they have. Thanks

Dino

Is there a decent tool to add AN flares to my existing fuel lines without removing them? Gast tank and exhaust are out of the way so I have good access.

Dino

Quote from: b5blue on December 11, 2022, 12:15:39 PM
https://www.amazon.com/Degree-Flare-Tubing-Standard-Flaring/dp/B01MRA9C3O  :scratchchin:

I never had much luck with these bar flare tools on brake lines but I guess double flare is trickier. I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

b5blue

How about compression fitting adapters? If you have stainless I doubt it will flare, too brittle.  :scratchchin:

Dino

I'm using the stock steel lines. Both 3/8 for feed and return, although they shouldn't be the same size but hopefully it works. I assumed AN fittings would be best but I'm open to suggestions. I need flexible line to go from the stock steel fuel lines to the fittings on the fuel pump which are 1/4 NPT, and from the lines to the Pro-Flo 4 regulator which are -6AN.

dkn1997

Quote from: b5blue on December 11, 2022, 05:35:24 PM
How about compression fitting adapters? If you have stainless I doubt it will flare, too brittle.  :scratchchin:

I believe they make compression to AN adapters
RECHRGED

will

Quote from: dkn1997 on December 12, 2022, 06:27:59 PM
Quote from: b5blue on December 11, 2022, 05:35:24 PM

I believe they make compression to AN adapters
That is correct. I used an LS fuel line setup and the compression to AN adapter is no sweat. Hot Rod Fuel has them.

Dino

Perfect! No need to flare then, I like that. Thanks guys!

b5blue

We have waited quite a while for this progress!  :cheers:

Dino

:cheers:
It is crazy to think I parked this car in 2016 to go back to school. I have since started a new career, got divorced, and moved twice. I was going through the boxes of parts just a few days ago, looking at invoices from 10 years ago. The modern upgrades I installed are now vintage!  :lol:
Damn good to be back at it though!

b5blue