News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Bull's 68 Charger restoration thread

Started by bull, March 15, 2010, 02:39:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

Who knows? I was probably doing five other things at the same time and figured since I had bolts in my hands they must need washers. :shruggy:

aone415

This Charger right here is a one of none, that means none before it, none to come.

twodko

It's a beaut Bull, no doubt about it.

Sorry Steve, I gotta give it up.

BULL THE FLOOR IS TOO CLEAN!  :nana:   :nana:   :nana:

(PsychMoparfare.....deadline..deadline..deadline..deadline..........................)  :lol:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

jb666

I'm impressed. That's some seriously detailed work right there!

bull

Quote from: greenpigs on February 28, 2011, 06:01:04 PM
QuoteI'm not sure why I even put those on there.  I have no plans to use them.

Was it to help align the pulleys?

Actually, I think I put it there to keep the spacers from smacking into each other. :shruggy:

Shakey

It's been a while since I looked at this thread Bull - good stuff here! 

bill440rt

NICE job, Bull!  :cheers: :cheers:

Looks truly beautiful.  :2thumbs:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

bull

Thanks. It's about time to spend a gob of money to keep things moving. I need an MSD 6AL, a voltage regulator, an alternator and a Holley 770. That sounds about like $700-$800 or more. :P

Dans 68

Quote from: bull on March 09, 2011, 09:18:00 PM
Thanks. It's about time to spend a gob of money to keep things moving. I need an MSD 6AL, a voltage regulator, an alternator and a Holley 770. That sounds about like $700-$800 or more. :P

You're not using the original 2-bbl carb?  :o   :rotz:   :slap:  I thought you were doing a restoration on the "one of seventy four"! Oh, the horrors....   :icon_smile_wink:

I guess you want a bit more performance and be more like us 4-bbl guys, huh?  :rofl:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

greenpigs

MSD 6AL  & Holley 770 he might as well tub it out & get a bunch of Pee Wee Herman murals put on it.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

bull

Quote from: Dans 68 on March 09, 2011, 09:26:49 PM
I guess you want a bit more performance and be more like us 4-bbl guys, huh?  :rofl:

Dan

No. Faster.

Brock Samson

Cool! i'm using the 770, and MSD 6L, might I suggest the TTIs as well?..   :shruggy:

bull

Quote from: Brock Samson on March 09, 2011, 09:48:09 PM
might I suggest the TTIs as well?..   :shruggy:

Sure, but not yet. :icon_smile_cool:

Quote from: greenpigs on March 09, 2011, 09:31:07 PM
MSD 6AL  & Holley 770 he might as well tub it out & get a bunch of Pee Wee Herman murals put on it.

During your average week, how much pot would you say you smoke?

Dans 68

Quote from: bull on March 09, 2011, 09:32:50 PM
Quote from: Dans 68 on March 09, 2011, 09:26:49 PM

Dan

No. Faster.

Well played, Curtis.  :2thumbs:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

69 Bama R/T

greenpigs

QuoteDuring your average week, how much pot would you say you smoke?

None, if your answer was only that easy.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

472 R/T SE

I have a one summer run 750 Edelbrock I'll sell ya'.

bull

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on March 11, 2011, 12:35:21 AM
I have a one summer run 750 Edelbrock I'll sell ya'.

Thanks for the offer. That would probably be the fiscally responsible thing to do but I'd really like to run that Holley per Ron's advice. Lemme think on it. PM me your price if you don't mind.

Lowprofile

Hey Bro, your car looks amazing! All your hard work is paying off......can't wait to see the finished product.  :2thumbs:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

bull

Quote from: Lowprofile on March 12, 2011, 07:24:36 PM
Hey Bro, your car looks amazing! All your hard work is paying off......can't wait to see the finished product.  :2thumbs:

Thanks. I'm really looking forward to it too.

TruckDriver

Well holy cow!!! Long time no see :o
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

lexxman

Hey,Bull I was wondering and I may have missed the answer in the thread.I thought dodge painted all the engines orange?I haven't seen meany blue ones. And how would you know how it was paint at the factory?

472 R/T SE

Curtis, excuse me.  The high performance orange started in '69.

In '68 they were turquoise like Curtis'.

Lowprofile

Quote from: TruckDriver on March 12, 2011, 11:04:33 PM

Well holy cow!!! Long time no see :o

hey Pete! yea, its been awhile...  :P
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

lexxman

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on March 13, 2011, 12:12:05 AM
Curtis, excuse me.  The high performance orange started in '69.

In '68 they were turquoise like Curtis'.

Well that's good to know,my engine was paint correctly.