News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Passenger finished and installed

Started by 70charginglizard, December 13, 2005, 01:02:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

70charginglizard

Done.....My new Engine harness showed up today but thats a project for tomarrow night.
Im going to bed.   :sleep: :sleep:
70charginglizard

Recharger

:2thumbs:

looks good!  I'm going to be tackling my new seats over the winter...any tips & tricks for the rest of us?

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Johnny SixPack

Man, they look great, Kelly! :2thumbs:

Good work! :cheers:
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

hydroforce

'68 CHARGER -'05 RUMBLE BEE 4X4 -'05 RAM 2500 Deisel  -'94 GMC VAN 4X4
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2191750/1 -'68 CHARGER
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2190250 '05 RUMBLE BEE

4402tuff4u

"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

Charger4404spd

Looks good, I wished 69's had the high back buckets. Those dang buttons on 69 seats really dig into the back :-\

70charginglizard

It still seems to be getting a little bucking of the vinyl on the upper side of the buckets. Even with the new foam I installed.

I wonder if they make some kind of liquid foam with a needle tip that I can sick thru the stitching area and fill those area's up a little more? It's to late to dissassemble them now that the hog ties are installed.
70charginglizard

Just 6T9 CHGR

Let it bake in the sun with the windows closed a few times.......wrinkles will eventually smooth out.
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

cudaken

:iagree: Same with head liners. When I did mine it took a few months for the wrinkels to work there work there way out.

Cuda Ken
I am back

70charginglizard

Quote from: Recharger on December 13, 2005, 01:13:33 AM

looks good!   I'm going to be tackling my new seats over the winter...any tips & tricks for the rest of us?

Yeah. Don't get to many hog ties. I bought way too many and now I have to sell them back on e-bay.

and if you test fit and find that the upper halves of the bucket seats are buckling. use at least 1 inch thick foam up at the top and not 1/2 inch like I did. It got rid of some of the buckling but I think 1 inch foam would have worked better.
70charginglizard

4402tuff4u

Quote from: Recharger on December 13, 2005, 01:13:33 AM

looks good!   I'm going to be tackling my new seats over the winter...any tips & tricks for the rest of us?

I dont know what climate you live in, but it will help you alot to leave the skins out in the sun for several hours before starting. You want to work with them when they are nice and hot. The heat makes them very flexible and manageable. I've heard of other members using heat guns but be very careful! I dont recommend it. A second set of helping hands will make things easier. I had the wife help me. Last but not least on installation tips is to follow the instructions. If they are a Legendary product, they have a good support department that will answer questions. Good Luck!
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"