News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Quoting

Started by BBKNARF, March 06, 2010, 10:12:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BBKNARF

When I'm quoting on someones thread, and go back and look at it, why doesn't it show the high lighted box on what I responded to.
68 Charger, slowly in the works, 451 c.i. approx. 535 hp @ the flywheel, so far best time in the 1/4
11.21 @ 119 mph, full exhaust, stock suspension, 4:10s @ 3640 pounds.

hemigeno

Quote from: BBKNARF on March 06, 2010, 10:12:44 PM
When I'm quoting on someones thread, and go back and look at it, why doesn't it show the high lighted box on what I responded to.

I'm assuming in your replies you would like the quote to appear as above?  Do you click on the "Quote" button on the upper right side of the reply you'd like to quote (that's what I just did)?  If you're just highlighting/copying/pasting the text from the reply itself into your own reply text box, that won't appear as a quote.

Another way to quote easily is to click on the "Reply" button, then scroll down below the text box and select the quote(s) you would like to import into your reply.  Make sure you have the cursor where you'd like the quote to be inserted in your own reply or it can get really confusing fast.  You can insert multiple quotes this way, and also pare down their text to eliminate extraneous comments/text and hone in on what you're actually interested in quoting.

One BIG thing to remember is to keep your typed text outside of the [ quote] [ /quote] markers.  If you type inside those markers, it will insert your comments inside the highlighted text box.  That gets everyone confused...

:Twocents: :cheers:

BBKNARF

Quote from: hemigeno on March 09, 2010, 02:34:17 PM

I'm assuming in your replies you would like the quote to appear as above?  Do you click on the "Quote" button on the upper right side of the reply you'd like to quote (that's what I just did)?  If you're just highlighting/copying/pasting the text from the reply itself into your own reply text box, that won't appear as a quote.

Another way to quote easily is to click on the "Reply" button, then scroll down below the text box and select the quote(s) you would like to import into your reply.  Make sure you have the cursor where you'd like the quote to be inserted in your own reply or it can get really confusing fast.  You can insert multiple quotes this way, and also pare down their text to eliminate extraneous comments/text and hone in on what you're actually interested in quoting.

One BIG thing to remember is to keep your typed text outside of the [ quote] [ /quote] markers.  If you type inside those markers, it will insert your comments inside the highlighted text box.  That gets everyone confused...

testing
68 Charger, slowly in the works, 451 c.i. approx. 535 hp @ the flywheel, so far best time in the 1/4

BBKNARF

Quote from: BBKNARF on March 11, 2010, 12:25:44 AM

I'm assuming in your replies you would like the quote to appear as above?  Do you click on the "Quote" button on the upper right side of the reply you'd like to quote (that's what I just did)?  If you're just highlighting/copying/pasting the text from the reply itself into your own reply text box, that won't appear as a quote.

Another way to quote easily is to click on the "Reply" button, then scroll down below the text box and select the quote(s) you would like to import into your reply.  Make sure you have the cursor where you'd like the quote to be inserted in your own reply or it can get really confusing fast.  You can insert multiple quotes this way, and also pare down their text to eliminate extraneous comments/text and hone in on what you're actually interested in quoting.

One BIG thing to remember is to keep your typed text outside of the [ quote] [ /quote] markers.  If you type inside those markers, it will insert your comments inside the highlighted text box.  That gets everyone confused...

testing
Thank you

Khyron

Quote from: BBKNARF on March 11, 2010, 12:27:31 AM

I'm assuming in your replies you would like the quote to appear as above?  Do you click on the "Quote" button on the upper right side of the reply you'd like to quote (that's what I just did)?  If you're just highlighting/copying/pasting the text from the reply itself into your own reply text box, that won't appear as a quote.

Another way to quote easily is to click on the "Reply" button, then scroll down below the text box and select the quote(s) you would like to import into your reply.  Make sure you have the cursor where you'd like the quote to be inserted in your own reply or it can get really confusing fast.  You can insert multiple quotes this way, and also pare down their text to eliminate extraneous comments/text and hone in on what you're actually interested in quoting.

One BIG thing to remember is to keep your typed text outside of the [ quote] [ /quote] markers.  If you type inside those markers, it will insert your comments inside the highlighted text box.  That gets everyone confused...

testing
Thank you

I win ;)

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Hemidog

Quote from: Khyron on March 11, 2010, 10:17:10 AM

testing
Thank you

I win ;)
No, I win!!  :pushup:

BBKNARF

Quote from: Hemidog on March 19, 2010, 03:36:52 PM

testing
Thank you

I win ;)
It's all mine

Khyron

Quote from: BBKNARF on March 20, 2010, 09:52:20 PM
Quote from: Hemidog on March 19, 2010, 03:36:52 PM

testing
Thank you

I win ;)
It's all mine

:nana:

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.