News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 "Cali"fornia Car 440 stock build ......... DYNO RESULTS

Started by PocketThunder, April 09, 2010, 11:14:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PocketThunder

Quote from: firefighter3931 on April 12, 2010, 11:43:07 AM
Quote from: PocketThunder on April 12, 2010, 11:36:53 AM
Quote from: firefighter3931 on April 12, 2010, 11:32:31 AM
Looking good Paul. Nice work getting rid of that ugly casting flash  :2thumbs:

Have you measured how far those pistons are below deck ? Calculated compression ratio yet ?

That's important stuff ; especially when selecting the cam  :yesnod:

Ron

I'm going there right now over my lunch hour, i'll ask and report back what i find out.  I do remember him saying that he couldnt cut the deck down very far because the pistons dont have indentations for the valves.  I'll get all the details on the build though and post up when i get back.

Cool....get a piston to deck measurement & combustion chamber volume. Then we can figure out your static compression and make sure you're headed in the right direction with the cam choice.  :2thumbs:

Ron

He has already ordered the cam.  And i think he uses clay to pack in the combustion chamber and then he weighs the clay to determine combustion chamber volume.   He is going to get me the cam specs tonight.  I think he said compression ratio will be closer to 9:1.  Between 9 and 9.5 anyways. 
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

PocketThunder

Quote from: Ponch ® on April 12, 2010, 01:15:58 PM
Looking good, bro!  :2thumbs:

When that thing is done I might just have to fly out to MN to get a ride in it (and for Vainglory to show me around the local strip joints).

Ya buddy  :yesnod:  We can take it for a ride to the local strip clubs!  Maybe we can get the ladies to come outside for a photo opportunity.  :D
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

PocketThunder

Got some more progress to report.  The block is close to being assembled, but the dyno is not available untill Monday now at the soonest so i wont be getting the engine back this weekend.  Thats ok, though, i've waited this long, 9 weeks now, another week wont kill me and besides, that makes my spouse a happy camper because i'm still working on her honey do list, once that engine gets home she wont be seeing me for weeks, maybe even the whole summer .. hahahaha  :icon_smile_big:

PocketThunder

:popcrn:

PocketThunder

:Twocents:

PocketThunder

:icon_smile_wink:

PocketThunder

:2thumbs:

PocketThunder

:cheers:

PocketThunder

:icon_smile_cool:

PocketThunder

:angel:

694spdRT

Looking good Paul!  :2thumbs:

I am no expert but those pistons look a lot like the 0.030 over forged TRW/Speed Pro 2266's in my 440.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

charger_cody

I'm way impressed. They do good work!!!

Cody

PocketThunder

Quote from: 694spdRT on April 15, 2010, 11:39:41 AM
Looking good Paul!  :2thumbs:

I am no expert but those pistons look a lot like the 0.030 over forged TRW/Speed Pro 2266's in my 440.

I'm no expert either but i do know they are .030 over forged TRW's.  You might be correct on the rest.  They were put in this engine in the early 80's when it was last rebuilt.  They were in good shape so we are re-using them.

Quote from: charger_cody on April 15, 2010, 12:37:23 PM
I'm way impressed. They do good work!!!

Cody

Thanks!  He is a one man operation in a small shop outside of town.  The list to get in is a few months wait and its well worth it.  :yesnod:

tan top

looking good  Paul   :yesnod:  soon be laying rubber  :drool5: :dance: thanks for sharing all these pictures love looking at this kind of thing   :popcrn: :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

GPULLER

Good lord...the photography bill from the engine builder will exceed the engine rebuild costs!  Cool that the guy will take the time to document the rebuild.
Looks good!

bakerhillpins

Quote from: GPULLER on April 15, 2010, 04:00:02 PM
Good lord...the photography bill from the engine builder will exceed the engine rebuild costs!  Cool that the guy will take the time to document the rebuild.
Looks good!

:yesnod:  No kidding.. Great pics. 

Soon... So soon.   :2thumbs:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

PocketThunder

He is just gettting started with a digital camera and a photobucket site.  Here are some more pics from yesterdays work.  I am penciled in at the dyno shop for Tuesday the 20th!   :ricky:

PocketThunder

:cheers:  this guy is very good.  Very detailed in his work.  :yesnod:

PocketThunder

:2thumbs:

PocketThunder

;)

firefighter3931

68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

General_01

Looking good. :2thumbs:

I see you opted to not go bigger than me though. That's all right. I like the view of the front of your car in my rear view mirror. :nana:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

PocketThunder

Quote from: General_01 on April 16, 2010, 04:24:55 PM
Looking good. :2thumbs:

I see you opted to not go bigger than me though. That's all right. I like the view of the front of your car in my rear view mirror. :nana:

Since i have driven your car, i will have to agree.   :o

PocketThunder

Ok everyone, Dyno is scheduled for tomorrow, i got bumped back at the dyno shop for some higher up clients (read: the person who actually owns the dyno) so thats fine, i was able to continue to work on my honey do list over the weekend.  Here are another batch of pictures for now.

Paul

PocketThunder

:popcrn: