News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

location of engine ground strap ?

Started by bricklayer, July 24, 2010, 12:04:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bricklayer

getting ready to fire up pic would be nice thanks  tom 69 charger 383   thanks

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

hemi68charger

Thankee here from Geno's thread....... The grounding cable for a '69 Charger will be from the passenger rear of the motor (back threaded hole on the head behind the intake manifold) to the firewall... Also, a picture of my former '69 Charger 500. You can see where the strap/cable attaches at one end to the firewall and about the place it needs to be on the back of the motor.....

Hope this helps........

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

b5blue

From battery to nearest intake bolt. Other side all the way in the rear, last intake bolt to firewall to or near voltage reg. put a ground strap. Be sure it's metal to metal with dielectric grease to stop corrosion.  :2thumbs: