News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1968 Charger headlight door actuators

Started by willy, October 04, 2010, 01:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

willy

The actuators on my headlight doors have a sticking point when they are open and it makes them hard to shut. When you move them by hand they are very easy to move. Are they worn out? I moved one on a 1969 charger at a car show and it had a lot more resistance moving it than mine do.
Thanks,
Willy

Charger-Bodie

The 68 ones are different than 69 ones. The 68s have a magnet at the end of the stroke to help hold the lids open.

Do they open ok with vacuum?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

willy

Yes they open fine with vacuum. It is hard for them to shut with vacuum. The drivers side sticks pretty bad and will finally slam shut. I thought it felt like they were being held open by a magnet. Would I be better off using ones for a 69?