News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

CDN72SE's Restoration Thread

Started by CDN72SE, May 26, 2010, 02:36:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CDN72SE

Quote from: Scaregrabber on July 21, 2017, 10:54:56 PM
Nice, it looks great.

Sheldon

Thanks Sheldon, means a lot from you guys.
1972 Charger SE

TPR

1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com

alfaitalia

Looks great in colour .....can't wait to get to that point. I'm also going blue but rather darker. Bet you can't wait to be rolling along in her.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

CDN72SE

1972 Charger SE

CDN72SE

Quote from: alfaitalia on July 22, 2017, 02:03:12 AM
Looks great in colour .....can't wait to get to that point. I'm also going blue but rather darker. Bet you can't wait to be rolling along in her.

Thanks a lot Alfa, last time I drove it I was in my 20's now I am in my 50's, lol can't wait.
Is it a 68 or 69 that you ended up with? What's your link? Thanks.
1972 Charger SE

CDN72SE

Dropped by the shop yesterday and snapped some pics, next is cut and polish to bring out the metallic and get rid of a couple of imperfections.

The car is a bit dusty and under different light making the colour look a little darker.

Definitely a big blue car.  :yesnod:

1972 Charger SE

charger chris

i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1969 charger Daytona clone
1969 charger sadly stolen
1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

CDN72SE

Thanks Chris, I think I will wait to post more pics when it's more assembled.
1972 Charger SE

darbgnik

That looks sweet man! Happy for you.
Brad

1970 Charger 500. Born a 318, AC, console auto, now 440/727
Build thread:  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,127291.0.html

ODZKing

Can't wait to see that baby at Moparfest  :2thumbs:

70 sublime

Can almost smell the paint from here
Looking good :2thumbs:
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

CDN72SE

1972 Charger SE

CDN72SE

Quote from: ODZKing on July 26, 2017, 06:22:59 PM
Can't wait to see that baby at Moparfest  :2thumbs:

I may be in my be there in my 2001 Intrepid R/T, lol, going to need some time to put back together and figure out what I am going to do in the engine department.
1972 Charger SE

CDN72SE

Quote from: 70 sublime on July 26, 2017, 06:59:04 PM
Can almost smell the paint from here
Looking good :2thumbs:

Ha ha yes, when I was there I was smelling it and just amazed at the smoothness of it. Quite a transformation.
1972 Charger SE

CDN72SE

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on July 26, 2017, 08:50:24 PM
Looking really sweet.

Thanks Bodie and I've followed you for quite a while.  :2thumbs:
1972 Charger SE

Dino

This car is going to be killer when it's done. Can't wait!
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

ODZKing

Quote from: CDN72SE on July 26, 2017, 09:12:09 PM
I may be in my be there in my 2001 Intrepid R/T, lol, going to need some time to put back together and figure out what I am going to do in the engine department.
Well, be sure to stop and say hello. I am not sure if we'll be bringing the 73 or the 67. Depends on the weather. If it is forecast for hot, it will be the 73.
see you in August.

CDN72SE

1972 Charger SE

CDN72SE

Decided to take a look at the Parking Brake. Here is a before:

And after being left in Evaporust for a few hours:
1972 Charger SE

timmycharger

:cheers:

Nice. LOVE that stuff, only thing is I wish I knew about it years ago when I was doing it the hard way :brickwall:

CDN72SE

Yeah I love it, sometimes I start off with the salt, vinegar and lemon method and then Evaporust just so the Evapo lasts longer.
1972 Charger SE

Dino

Quote from: CDN72SE on July 27, 2017, 03:49:43 PM
Yeah I love it, sometimes I start off with the salt, vinegar and lemon method and then Evaporust just so the Evapo lasts longer.

Dangit never thought of doing that! I have my last piece in Evaporust before I can start painting.

CDN72SE

Dino, what are you working on right now?
1972 Charger SE

Dino

Suspension and steering at the moment. I cleaned up my torsion bars so I could paint them. Then I realized that I never restored the starter shield or the two shield between front valance and wheel wells. I removed what was left of the paint and soaked the rest. Awesome stuff!