News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

This is awesome.. A 67 Hemi Belvedere w/43 MILES on it

Started by jb666, May 31, 2010, 02:22:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeryst

While we're at it...

Let's take the original Apollo Lunar Lander and make a lemonade stand out of it.
Let's take the Wright Brothers plane and make a kiddy ride out of it.
Let's reupholster Archie Bunkers chair with paisley naugahide.
Let's take Fonzies jacket and make a lamp shade out of it.
Let's take the Constitution and make a paper airplane out of it.

Sometimes, certain things belong to history, and their value/pedigree/whatever transcends
personal ownership. A car like that should have been treasured, and preserved for the
rare and irreplaceable piece of history that it was. He even threw away the pieces that were removed,
so it can never even be returned to what it should have stayed.

Moron2

Dave C

Quote from: jeryst on October 13, 2010, 10:35:03 PM
He even threw away the pieces that were removed,

Moron2

Well Jerry, I made my usual bi weekly trip by the shop and Jon told me about all the "interest" this car was getting and it got my attention. And its people like yourself that blow it out of proportion, if you dont want to modify an original car then dont, if yo do, then do it, after all its yours. Why is your car green? That would not be my choice whether it came from the factory like that or not, I like Hemi Orange, but I am not going to start threads on the net about what you did to your car. Maybe you should know some of the facts before you go posting also, EVERY PIECE THAT WAS REMOVED FROM THE CAR IS SAVED, LABELED AS TO WHERE IT WENT,AND PHOTOGRAPHED, but apparently you seem to know otherwise which is why you signed your status as the bottom of your post.

gtx6970

I'll probably get blasted for this but here goes,,,,,,,,I personaly don't see the significance of any car made in the 60's,,, or 70's for that matter. It's a vehicle of mass production. it just happen's to have a serial number to make it one of one.

Would I have done it to the car,? Hell no...then again, I have my doubts I would have done it to a 318 car either, it's just not my style.

Even though I sell parts to restore to as close to factory stock , I've always been a believer of do what makes YOU happy. IF theres medical condition driving the decisions, all the better. We have but one go around in life,,,make it a good one and enjoy it while you can.

Case in point, A good friend of mine has the 1st bird sold to the general public. It happens to have dealer installed air on it, and is the primary reason he bought the car in the 1st place.And it WILL have the A/C re-installed and working when the car gets redone. After all, it is HIS car .

And btw, I firmly believe anything is reveresable and if in the right hands would be un-detectable by 99.9 % of the buying public. If man built it once,  man can rebuild it if given the right opportunity

Ok, flame suit on

RD

Quote from: Dave C on October 14, 2010, 05:31:44 AM

Moron2

Maybe you should know some of the facts before you go posting also, EVERY PIECE THAT WAS REMOVED FROM THE CAR IS SAVED, LABELED AS TO WHERE IT WENT,AND PHOTOGRAPHED, but apparently you seem to know otherwise which is why you signed your status as the bottom of your post.

he said what he said because jb666 said this:

QuoteHere's a pile of parts waiting to be picked up by the scrap metal guy...

67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

wingcar

Bottom-line..........a car is original only once!! 
What a waste.....sad, very sad...... :rotz:
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

wingcar

It's a 1967 Hemi Belvedere WITH 43 MILES ON IT, documented.

The motor is out, and the car is being converted to a full blown drag car, but wow, what a pc of history. 

And yes, the 43 miles were put on 1/4 mile at a time..   :lol:

In the 2010 issue of MuscleCar Milestones, they have an article entitled "Musclecar Myths" with one of the stories being the following: 
Super Low Mileage Race Cars
     "Many high dollar muscle cars spent their early years at drag strips.  This is especially true of the highest horsepower models, such as Hemis and big-block Chevys and Fords.  Some cars left their odometers hooked up, but others were disconnected.
     Low mileage claims for some famous racecars are suspect.  Sure, the miles were put on a quarter mile at a time, but some highly publicized cars that touted all their race wins come up short of what their true mileage should be.  To be a national event winner at a major NHRA, IHRA or AHRA race, a Stock Eliminator or Super Stock Eliminator has to go many rounds, and that's after winning their class competition.
     Then there's testing and tuning runs, plus qualifying.  The measured distance is only a quarter mile, but by the time you include the shit down area, the return road, the distance to and from the pits, the staging lanes, trips to tech inspection, and possibly a trip to purchase racing fuel, an Eliminator winner has to cover many miles in a single weekend.  Multiply those miles by the number of races in a year and the number of years that the car was campaigned, and you can't have a winning car with less than one hundred miles on it."

Seems as if the car didn't make that many passes down the quarter mile if it has only 43miles on it......(do the math) :scratchchin:     

FLG

Quote from: wingcar on October 14, 2010, 02:08:40 PM
It's a 1967 Hemi Belvedere WITH 43 MILES ON IT, documented.

The motor is out, and the car is being converted to a full blown drag car, but wow, what a pc of history.  

And yes, the 43 miles were put on 1/4 mile at a time..   :lol:

In the 2010 issue of MuscleCar Milestones, they have an article entitled "Musclecar Myths" with one of the stories being the following:  
Super Low Mileage Race Cars
    "Many high dollar muscle cars spent their early years at drag strips.  This is especially true of the highest horsepower models, such as Hemis and big-block Chevys and Fords.  Some cars left their odometers hooked up, but others were disconnected.
    Low mileage claims for some famous racecars are suspect.  Sure, the miles were put on a quarter mile at a time, but some highly publicized cars that touted all their race wins come up short of what their true mileage should be.  To be a national event winner at a major NHRA, IHRA or AHRA race, a Stock Eliminator or Super Stock Eliminator has to go many rounds, and that's after winning their class competition.
    Then there's testing and tuning runs, plus qualifying.  The measured distance is only a quarter mile, but by the time you include the shit down area, the return road, the distance to and from the pits, the staging lanes, trips to tech inspection, and possibly a trip to purchase racing fuel, an Eliminator winner has to cover many miles in a single weekend.  Multiply those miles by the number of races in a year and the number of years that the car was campaigned, and you can't have a winning car with less than one hundred miles on it."

Seems as if the car didn't make that many passes down the quarter mile if it has only 43miles on it......(do the math) :scratchchin:    

Whats a "shit down area"  :shruggy:

Ghoste

A lot of drag cars also have the speedo disconnected.

wingcar

[/quote]
Whats a "shit down area"  :shruggy:
[/quote]

Not a part of the article....just poor typing.....(the u and the i are to close) :slap:

Ghoste

Although depending on how the run went you may think of it either way. :icon_smile_big:

jb666

Quote from: RD on October 14, 2010, 07:19:57 AM

Moron2

Maybe you should know some of the facts before you go posting also, EVERY PIECE THAT WAS REMOVED FROM THE CAR IS SAVED, LABELED AS TO WHERE IT WENT,AND PHOTOGRAPHED, but apparently you seem to know otherwise which is why you signed your status as the bottom of your post.

he said what he said because jb666 said this:

QuoteHere's a pile of parts waiting to be picked up by the scrap metal guy...

Just for the record that was 100% total sarcasm... I had no clue what was being done with those pcs... The scrap metal guy picking up a Dana?   :rofl:  I guess I can see how this was taken seriously... But t'was a joke...

jeryst

Moron2

Well Jerry, I made my usual bi weekly trip by the shop and Jon told me about all the "interest" this car was getting and it got my attention. And its people like yourself that blow it out of proportion, if you dont want to modify an original car then dont, if yo do, then do it, after all its yours. Why is your car green? That would not be my choice whether it came from the factory like that or not, I like Hemi Orange, but I am not going to start threads on the net about what you did to your car. Maybe you should know some of the facts before you go posting also, EVERY PIECE THAT WAS REMOVED FROM THE CAR IS SAVED, LABELED AS TO WHERE IT WENT,AND PHOTOGRAPHED, but apparently you seem to know otherwise which is why you signed your status as the bottom of your post.

I apologize if I mistakenly thought the part pics shown were real. Everything else I said, however, I still mean.

FJMG

Dang, of all the times to leave my sarcasm detector unplugged jb666, I thought I was going to get a free dana for my 74 dodge pickup! ::)

Love the pics, keep'm comming,

hemi-hampton

mauve66

i don't think they meant the quality of the work, it may not be a "hack job" but the car IS being "hacked up", meaning cut up
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

jb666

Old Moparz

Cool car & nice photos jb666, I like that the guy is finally getting to do something he wants to a car he's had for so many years.   :cheers:

The fact that the car has become such a valuable, & rare item over this time period, I might have reservations of modifying much on it if it were mine. New tires, or other mechanical parts would go on, but cutting & welding might be tough to decide on. I can sympathize with the owner though, I've had my Satellite for many years & it still isn't making any progress with daily life in my way.

I want to modify things on a solid, rust free, convertible to make it a nice driver. It's not one of one, but it isn't common. It's mine, I'm not selling it, & I want to enjoy it while I still can. It has way more sentimental value to it than monetary. As much as I'd like to know someone else would enjoy it after I'm gone, I don't really care what gets done to it after I croak with the exception of wrecking it.

Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

efb

Jeff,

Chuck told me to check in with you. Met you at the Halifax show this fall. Do you have any pictures of this car showing the spring relocation work up close?

Thanks,

Ed B

Topher

Almost a whole year without a post, what's the latest?  :shruggy:
Topher

67 Charger 383-4spd "the Dawg"

www.headlightmotorman.com

jb666

Quote from: efb on October 11, 2011, 08:44:36 PM
Jeff,

Chuck told me to check in with you. Met you at the Halifax show this fall. Do you have any pictures of this car showing the spring relocation work up close?

Thanks,

Ed B

What's up Ed... shoot me an email at jb666@comcast.net --- I'll dig through my pictures now, but at least I'll have your email address when I find them.

Good to meet you , and I hope you know your car is 1,000,000% going to be in the right hands...  :cheers:

Quote from: Topher on October 11, 2011, 09:17:02 PM
Almost a whole year without a post, what's the latest?  :shruggy:

There really isn't a "latest". (I lost track of it) The owner got the car back and hit the track.. I'll ask Jon for an update on what/where/how it did  :cheers:

We DID end up bumping into the original owner of this car at the Boston World Of Wheels this past April. VERY cool.

Laxy

Cool thread, I think the owner of the Belvedere may well be the biggest RETARD I have ever seen in the Mopar hobby. Clearly doing it just to spite others, he is a victim of his own limited mental capacity.

EPIC FAIL.

71 Valiant VH Hardtop 265 Hemi 4-speed, 71 VH Valiant Charger R/T Replica 360 4-speed, 68 Dodge Charger 440/727.

68 Bullitt Charger

I have a Real Deal 67 Hemi GTX w/ 30K, 100% original. Would the owner (Jon) of Mopar masterpiece 67 Hemi be interested in selling it prior to touching it? Dead serious. Would love to talk and possibly buy it, actually save it!  Thanks, Joe 
Some of the Mopar Ride's in Stable.....
58 Pymouth Fury "Christine"
65 Ply Satellite 9.43@141 mph
58 Ply Fury "Christine"
64 40th anniv 880 Custom 383 Pwr Everything!

I'd rather be hated for the person I am, than be loved for the person I am not!!!!!!

FLG

A year later and people still complain,

Its his dam car let him do what he wants to it, i can understand if he was ripping the thing apart....everything that was done could be undone if the next person who gets its chooses to do so.

Man some of you really know how to kill the fun out of this hobby, anyone going to get mad because i grafted 71 door louvers into a 73 door??

The guy gets to enjoy the rest of his life racing a car he had his whole life...guess thats a problem.

tan top

any pictures  of the finnished car !! would love to see them  :drool5: :yesnod: :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html