News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1968 charger firewall picture with factory air

Started by willy, June 28, 2010, 12:18:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

willy

Can someone post a picture of a 1968 charger firewall with factory air conditioning and a picture of the compresser?
Thanks,
Willy

willy

If it makes a difference i would like to see pictures of a 440 cubic inch
Thanks,
Willy

Just 6T9 CHGR

69 firewall is essentially the same....just disregard the voltage regulator...not correct for 68-69

68 also has different hose routings for the compressor as well....

Let me know if you need any other detail shots....

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

willy

thanks, but my 68 doesn't have the blower motor on the outside of the firewall. Is that because it didn't come with air conditioning?
I would still like to see a factory set up for a 68 if anyone has pictures.
thanks,
willy

Hemidog

Quote from: willy on June 29, 2010, 09:10:13 AM
thanks, but my 68 doesn't have the blower motor on the outside of the firewall. Is that because it didn't come with air conditioning?

Yep.

I guess your firewall looks more like this:

willy

Yes that is exactly what mine looks like. But if it had air conditioning would the 68 look like the 69 with the blower motor on the firewall?
Thanks,
Willy

Hemidog

Quote from: willy on June 29, 2010, 09:54:09 AM
Yes that is exactly what mine looks like. But if it had air conditioning would the 68 look like the 69 with the blower motor on the firewall?
Thanks,
Willy

That is correct.

68blue

Here's an origional 383 AC car, messy but this where I started. I'll see if I can find a picture with the compressor in it from the same car.

Dans 68

Quote from: 68blue on June 29, 2010, 11:40:08 AM

Here's an original 383 AC car, messy but this where I started. I'll see if I can find a picture with the compressor in it from the same car.

A slight hijack here...is your air cleaner an original dual snorkel and do you have more photos of it?  :scratchchin:

And to help get back on topic...yes, your engine bay is a bit messy, but at least you have A/C.   :icon_smile_big:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

WhiteOnGreen

This is a photo of me 68 engine bay with factory air, I hope that it should serve you as help.

willy

thank you very much that is exactly what I wanted to see.
Thanks again for everyones help.
Willy