News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hey Nitrometal!

Started by Aero426, June 03, 2010, 09:07:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aero426

You need to pick up a copy of the 2010 Carrera slot car catalog.   There is a full page color photo of your car in it.    Yes, YOUR car!

nitrometal

Really?  Before or after I won it?  Is that something I'd pick up in a hobby shop?  Never mind, we don't have one in town anymore, I'll have to order one online.
Thanks so much for the tip Doug!!!   :cheers:
I love the smell of nitro in the morning.

http://pettysuperbird.com

Aero426

I am sure it was before you got the car.   It's a really great photo.    If you can't find one, I think another hobby shop in the area has them for sale on the counter.    This is the deluxe 30 page or so catalog.

Aero426

Here's the pic.  Phil, I have a catalog coming your way.

Aero426

Other side.

Aero426

New Carrera wing cars coming.

nitrometal

Thanks Doug,  that is so cool!!! 

I've never seen that photo before.  I wonder if it was taken during my hot laps at Texas Motor Speedway during the Goodguys Car Show a few years ago?  If you enter a car in the show they let you take 4 laps around the track.  They have a pace car running at 60-70 mph so that you can climb the banks.  The guys in my car club that go there every year told me to try and get in the back of the field (they take about 30 cars at a time) and hang back for a lap and then open her up.  I was running 150 down the back stretch when a '62 Cadillac with a giant blower sticking out of the hood flew past me like I was standing still!

Much more memorable than the parade lap at Talladega when we were doing riding lawnmower speeds.  :rotz:

nitrometal

Quote from: Aero426 on June 30, 2010, 12:10:52 PM
Here's the pic.  Phil, I have a catalog coming your way.

Hi Doug,  I received the catalog the other day...THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!  That photo of my car had a credit in small print for a guy that posted on Flickr.  After some searching on their website I found the original photo.  Amazing what some Photoshop can do.  I would sworn that he took that at Texas Motor Speedway but it was taken at a car show I went to in 2007.  My car actually took 1st place in the Muscle Car class ( my one & only). I was really surprised because there was a '70 GTX that looked factory fresh and was perfect.  Those of  you that have seen my car know that it is nowhere close to perfection.

Anyway, here's the original Flickr photo...

MoparManJim

First off, Congrats man!  :cheers: 

Now, how to tell it's photo chop, look at wing in the tail and look at the car door in the mag, notice anything?
I sure did right off, the wing in the back on the pass side inner side has a reflection like a star, 2nd part is look at the drivers door, take a good look, you will see grass in the reflection on the door skin  :scope: .   

70Sbird

Quote from: Aero426 on June 03, 2010, 09:07:04 PM
You need to pick up a copy of the 2010 Carrera slot car catalog.   There is a full page color photo of your car in it.    Yes, YOUR car!
Phil,
I have a Carrera 1:43 track and a few wing cars to play with on it, but now I see I need yours too
So For now I'll have to be content playing with my other two friends: "mini Aero426" and "mini Pettybird"
:cheers:
:rofl:

Scott Faulkner

moparstuart

you have dans car there too.

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

nitrometal

Quote from: MoparManJim on July 15, 2010, 09:44:48 PM
First off, Congrats man!  :cheers: 

Now, how to tell it's photo chop, look at wing in the tail and look at the car door in the mag, notice anything?
I sure did right off, the wing in the back on the pass side inner side has a reflection like a star, 2nd part is look at the drivers door, take a good look, you will see grass in the reflection on the door skin  :scope: .   

Well, not to argue with you, but that star in the passenger side wing is the reflection of the number 43 decal that's on the trunk deck, same as the bottom of the wing, it shows a reflection also.  And, I would expect to see grass reflecting on the side panel.  Most tracks have grass come up to the edge of the track.