News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

i want know if can find my dads frist 68 charger

Started by furbyboy, July 17, 2010, 10:29:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

furbyboy

furbyboy

ACUDANUT

I want know ? :shruggy: :scratchchin:
Since it was only a 318 car, I wouldn't hold your breath on it still being alive. But, you never know. After all, My 70 Charger started out as a 318 car.

furbyboy

my dad got ride it in 76 and it had 383 auto and it was silver with black vin

elacruze

Quote from: furbyboy on July 18, 2010, 06:48:21 AM

Furb, we appreciate that you want to find this car. Everybody lost a car they'd like to have back.

If you want help here, and to learn anything, put some effort into your English. This is not cell phone text, nor is it a chatroom. Do not abbreviate. VIN is very different from VINYL. We are not your peers-you will eventually become one of ours if you hang around long enough.

How old are you?
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

ACUDANUT

Quote from: elacruze on July 18, 2010, 09:03:17 AM
Quote from: furbyboy on July 18, 2010, 06:48:21 AM

Furb, we appreciate that you want to find this car. Everybody lost a car they'd like to have back.

If you want help here, and to learn anything, put some effort into your English. This is not cell phone text, nor is it a chatroom. Do not abbreviate. VIN is very different from VINYL. We are not your peers-you will eventually become one of ours if you hang around long enough.

How old are you?

Ain't that the truth. :yesnod:

mauve66

i'm sure someone has a registry somewhere but they are notoriously out dated cause not everyone wants to be part of something like this (i've met dozens of 1st gen owners who don't want anything to do with forums, until they need something).  sometimes people write the VIN down from shows to try and track them all but.......

do you still have any documentation from back then?? old registration, license plate # or pic of it, i don't know about 68 VIN's but the "b" seems wrong to me.

do you know any police officers or anyone working at DMV?  with all the new privacy laws its alot harder to check DMV records than it used to be, back in 93-94 i was able to access CO dmv records all the way back to the original registration but now they won't do anything without a state "official" asking

good luck and don't give up
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

furbyboy

Dans 68

Quote from: mauve66 on July 19, 2010, 08:32:54 AM
... i don't know about 68 VIN's but the "b" seems wrong to me....

The "b" refers to the Hamtramck plant where it was built.

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

mauve66

so mines not a 1, it must be an I, i always thought it was a 1 :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

Brock Samson

Brock Samson

it's nice to see, we don't get many five year olds on here lookin for their Dads' old car.  :2thumbs:

Brock Samson

Oh?, what's wrong with the wheel on the charger in the Sig. Pic?

furbyboy

nothing wrong with wheel that why my dad had park and took pic

mauve66

wheel looks jacked up to me also...............
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

ACUDANUT

Yea, looks like the camber or ball joint is jacked up. :shruggy:

furbyboy

ACUDANUT

hmm, otay. lookecked  jaked up tu som ub we.

oestermarken

69 383 4bbl
White Hat Special
Light Bronze Metallic

bullitt68dodgecharger

ever try the dodge charger registry? wayne wooten

Dino

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

furyrestored

dang... :smilielol: i laughed so hard reading this thread i almost wet myself...good luck finding your dads car though

Wayne isn't the easiest guy to get a hold of, he has Facebook though so that should be right up your alley?

Is your name Jim?

cdr

furbyboy is a very nice young man that LOVES chargers! & has some challenges in life that not everyone has to deal with!
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

mauve66

any progress yet?? don't give up, i did, and then found out the son of the original owner lived 30 mins from me and died 3-4 years before i started looking again :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: cdr on November 26, 2012, 08:36:27 AM
furbyboy is a very nice young man that LOVES chargers! & has some challenges in life that not everyone has to deal with!

I was wondering if this was not the case. Proper grammar really gets under some people's skin. I don't like all the texting lingo either as the english language is being dumbed down. It irrates me when people can, but they don't because they are just too lazy to spell it out.

Some people forget that in this day and age there are still some out there that may not be college allumni and grammar 101 was not there strong point.

I choose to say nothing as how can you know from reading a web post if the person just can't spell or is hacking up the language texting style ?