News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Yup, ya' guessed it, another '69 Charger in anudder movie...

Started by Brock Samson, July 25, 2010, 02:40:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock Samson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_a34yuIoW4

nick cage in Drive Angry,.. stole the whole kit and kaboddle from our very own Mike aka "Mr. Angry" no doubt, they can't do anything original anymore it seems...   :shruggy: i don't know if they destroy this R/T or not, probably and i see a '71 SS 454 a Rivi and a whole mess of shit being blown to hell up... oh, joy...  :-\
those (*&^%  !+()^ in Hollywood need to be bitch slapped.

:slap:

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Brock Samson

i read the BS oh, excuse me. PR copy,.. as follows..  AND I QUOTE!..

"Drive Angry 3D" stars Nicolas Cage as Milton, a hardened felon who has broken out for one last chance at redemption. Hell bent on stopping a vicious cult of fanatics who murdered his daughter, he has three days to stop them before they sacrifice his infant granddaughter beneath a full moon. Milton must us his anger to go beyond all human limits in order to save his last connection with humanity.

He's joined by Piper, a young sexy-smart waitress who liberates her ex-boyfriend's cherry red muscle car in order to help Milton. Now, the two of them are hot on the trail of the charismatic Jonah King and his murderous followers. King will throw every one of them  :eek2: faithful under the wheels of Milton's turbo-charged Black '71 Challenger, (wait, What kind'a car is he driving?...)  :shruggy: to fulfill hist destiny and unleash hell on earth. (but wait,.. What about Nicks connection to humanity?..  :-\ )

But the bloodthirsty cult is the least of Milton's problems. The police are after him, too. And worse. An enigmatic killer known only as "The Accountant." The Accountant knows what Milton is trying to   :shruggy:  and and simply doesn't care. With wicked cunning and hypnotic savagery, the Accountant will relentlessly pursue Milton at high speed across the forgotten back roads of the American south.

Fueled by high octane and pure rage, Milton and Piper must battle the onslaught of King's disciples, avenge his murdered daughter, and save his granddaughter before his last chance at redemption is revoked.
  (hey! Dont forget "The Accountant")!!!!:shruggy:

:scratchchin:
 I dunno 'bout you - but it sounds to me like the "feel good movie of the summer"...
 (BTW: "His" is spelled wrong you stupid $%C$)

looks like there's a turbo-charged black Chally in it too...
 though my bet is "The Stupeedos" don't know one kinda' MOPAR or year from another...

Axels73Charger

Well if they blow the charger up im gunna be pissed!!! :flame: :RantExplode: And if its gunna be a sh!tty movie too boot that be worse!!! :brickwall: :fireangry: :coocoo:
Done some growing up. Not going to do much on this account tho. Doesnt fit the more mature me.

DC_1

I can't stand Nicolas Cage. This movie will bomb like every other movie he has made.

bull

Wow, that's the most unique plot line I've ever seen. ::) And that unflinching, slow-mo shot of Cage walking away as a car explodes; never seen anything like that before either. ::)

So is he in every third movie that comes out these days or what? Either the steering is worn out on that Charger or he can't drive worth beans.

bakerhillpins

Aw come on guys... stuff blows up! What more could you ask for. Plus, writing action movies is hard. And just wait until everyone runs out and buys 69s and makes them into "Angry" chargers. They only wrecked 24 of them to make the movie.  :pity:

Isn't Cage up to his armpits in debt to the IRS anyhow. Seem this might be a way for him to pay off uncle sam with out much effort.  :shruggy:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Brock Samson

Oh, you mean phone in another leading role as the diss-affected bad boy, loner, wanna be action hero?..

I dunno about youze guys,..,
 but i'm about to cruise down to Southern Calif. and wring me some studio heads necks!  :RantExplode:

"young sexy-smart waitress"  Who would'a guessed it...  :rotz:

Daytona R/T SE

I really hope the studio pays for him to have a better quality toupe' in this movie.

His last several movie toupes have been really bad...

I've emptied more convincing fuzz balls out of my vacuum cleaner...

Vainglory, Esq.

What's the over/under on how many people show up on the forum and say: "Hey guys, I'm a new member.  I'm only 15, but I saw Drive Angry and now I love Chargers forever and ever.  I will now proceed to post 8 times a minute for the next four months, at which point I'll get bored and buy a Mitsubishi."

Brock Samson

John:
were you around for the guy "BladeCharger" who bought two of the '68 movie cars, posted for abit,.. them sold them for something else?..
  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,14804.msg166590.html#msg166590
   blade trinity...

mikesbbody

Quote from: Sydmoe on July 25, 2010, 03:20:22 PM
I can't stand Nicolas Cage. This movie will bomb like every other movie he has made.

so true! I can't stand him either  :2thumbs:

TruckDriver

I like Nicolas Cage. One of my favorite actors.  :yesnod:

Looks like they destroy a lot of classic cars in this one.  :icon_smile_dissapprove:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Hemidog

Man, he's been in alot of movies lately!

His recent movies really SUUUUUUUCKED! And this looks no different.

1BAD68

Quote from: mikesbbody on July 25, 2010, 08:49:14 PM

What? Some of the best movie lines of all time came from his movie ConAir.

aone415

ummmmmmmmmmmmmm yuck... on the bright side thank goodness they used the less desirable 69 instead of the 68  :nana:

This Charger right here is a one of none, that means none before it, none to come.

NYCMille

Mike DC

This looks like the movie that Quentin should have made instead of "Death Proof."  DP was a boring mess, but QT could have taken this movie and made it kick ass.

Nic Cage?  He can act pretty well.  But his whole action career is one big misunderstanding IMHO.  Bruckheimer first chose him for an ANTI-action-star in "The Rock" 15 years ago.  Then the whole industry got confused and mistook him for an actual action star. 

----------------------------

I wonder what happened to the vent windows on Nic's black Charger this time?

Ponch ®

Wow...Nicolas Cage in a movie where he plays a hardened/tough guy  convict/outlaw who's out to save his grandaughter/loved one and in the process kills a bunch of guys and blows stuff up?

I'm glad he's expanding his horizons.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

dodgecharger-fan

It appears someone doesn't like your comments, Brock.  :rofl:
They marked it as spam.. and another users's comment as well.

Brock Samson

Imagine that!   :icon_smile_wink:
Another look reveals the first shot of the '71 Challanger  :eek2: shows two side mirrors, no wing windows next view weaving in and out of traffic with considerable slop in the steering shows one mirror, I wonder how many Char err,.. Challangers were wrecked to make this dispicable piece of idiotic drivel?..  :flame:

mauve66

at least there was a zombie cartoon at the end of the trailer............. :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Brock Samson

I didn't see that, but I did catch the Woman's Anti Anger book ads advertised across the bottom of the screen...
And the way 'ol Nick is sawing at the wheel in the opening scene I figgure that's gotta be the charger that goes off the road at the end to a fiery climatic end...  :flame:

http://www.isabellacatalog.com/p/Healing-Rage.cfm?tid=710061510

:scratchchin:  Gee,.. I hope that wasn't for Mikes' benifit...   :lol:

Mike? Have ya' called the lawyers yet?   :popcrn:

THE CHARGER PUNK

Quote from: Brock Samson on July 25, 2010, 02:54:33 PM
i read the BS oh, excuse me. PR copy,.. as follows..  AND I QUOTE!..

"Drive Angry 3D" stars Nicolas Cage as Milton, a hardened felon who has broken out for one last chance at redemption. Hell bent on stopping a vicious cult of fanatics who murdered his daughter, he has three days to stop them before they sacrifice his infant granddaughter beneath a full moon. Milton must us his anger to go beyond all human limits in order to save his last connection with humanity.

He's joined by Piper, a young sexy-smart waitress who liberates her ex-boyfriend's cherry red muscle car in order to help Milton. Now, the two of them are hot on the trail of the charismatic Jonah King and his murderous followers. King will throw every one of them  :eek2: faithful under the wheels of Milton's turbo-charged Black '71 Challenger, (wait, What kind'a car is he driving?...)  :shruggy: to fulfill hist destiny and unleash hell on earth. (but wait,.. What about Nicks connection to humanity?..  :-\ )

But the bloodthirsty cult is the least of Milton's problems. The police are after him, too. And worse. An enigmatic killer known only as "The Accountant." The Accountant knows what Milton is trying to   :shruggy:  and and simply doesn't care. With wicked cunning and hypnotic savagery, the Accountant will relentlessly pursue Milton at high speed across the forgotten back roads of the American south.

Fueled by high octane and pure rage, Milton and Piper must battle the onslaught of King's disciples, avenge his murdered daughter, and save his granddaughter before his last chance at redemption is revoked.
  (hey! Dont forget "The Accountant")!!!!:shruggy:

:scratchchin:
 I dunno 'bout you - but it sounds to me like the "feel good movie of the summer"...
 (BTW: "His" is spelled wrong you stupid $%C$)

looks like there's a turbo-charged black Chally in it too...
 though my bet is "The Stupeedos" don't know one kinda' MOPAR or year from another...

it says miltons black 71 dodge challenger but in reality milton is nick cage and hes driving a black 69 charger , the hollywood guys just screwed up because the know diddly squat about these cars.-Matt

Brock Samson

What does it say at the bottom there sport?...   :RantExplode:

mauve66

watch the trailer and then just wait after it ends, it will keep playing other trailers, the name of the cartoon movie on the zombies starts with a G if i remember right

maybe they don't always play the same trailers i don't know
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

Ponch ®

Quote from: 1BAD68 on July 26, 2010, 08:40:08 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VQFnn6IVh4
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

TUFCAT

I can't stand him either.  All his movies SUCK.  :icon_smile_dissapprove:

But, on the otherhand.... :scratchchin:

He's a car guy, and I think he likes Mopars. That's makes him tolerable ("sort-of") ....as long as he NEVER makes another movie - PERIOD!!

moparstuart

Quote from: Ponch ® on July 26, 2010, 08:27:48 PM
Quote from: 1BAD68 on July 26, 2010, 08:40:08 AM

run fat boy run  oh and kill some zombies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VQFnn6IVh4
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Lennard

elanmars

Quote from: Lennard on August 01, 2010, 01:04:24 PM
Looks a bit like mine...

also looks like my second Charger.

but how did this movie rip off the mr. angry Charger? unless there's something I missed??

movie is 100% generic revenge/vigilante movie. 'cause the Death Wish and Dirty Harry series don't exist, Vigilante, Mad Max, the Big Racket, Rolling Thunder, Taxi Driver, Outlaw Josey Wales, Death Rides a Horse, Nevada Smith, MS.45...and there's no recent examples, like Old Boy, Death Sentence, Man on Fire, Red, Taken, the Horseman, the Brave One, Vengeance, Kill Bill, Hard Candy, the Salton Sea, A History of Violence, Memento, Boondock Saints, the Punisher, Four Brothers....etc etc etc.

1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

Brock Samson

Daytona R/T SE

Well, things are looking a little better for this upcoming piece of cinematic tripe.

Check out the seat cover in the Charger... :scope: :drool5: :o

mauve66

2 pages for this thread and NOW we finally get a pic of the STAR........................ :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

Finn

Just got two free tickets to an early screening tomorrow night. I cant make it  :brickwall: but I gave them to my friends so Ill find out how it was and what happened to the charger haha.
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

PatrickPeeters

Patrick  :punkrocka:

PatrickPeeters

Take a look at the pic, R/T according to the vin............. :2thumbs:

XS29L70269825 or something like that!!!.
:shruggy:
Patrick  :punkrocka:

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Blakcharger440

For starters I think Cage is one of the worst actors ever. His whole dry personality thing is just horrible and it is baffles the mind on how he ever got a big movie deal ever...but he is probably related to a movie producer or something like that.

And secondly I dont see where this movie takes anything from Mr.Angry? I dont see any comparison at all. Other than a second gen charger being in the movie the two have nothing in common. There have been numerous second gen chargers on TV before & after Mr. Angry that were in actual movies...so I dont get where the tension comes from.

elanmars

mikepmcs

Quote from: Blakcharger440 on February 27, 2011, 10:35:44 AM
but he is probably related to a movie producer or something like that.

For anyone that might be wondering.....Nicholas' last name is Coppola.  He is the Nephew of Francis Ford Coppola as well as Talia Shire. Maybe this helped a little in his acting career but he did go to Beverly Hills High School and he studied film and theater at UCLA.
I've always been a fan.  But I have some less than favorites that he has done as well.  He's a very strange individual(but, aren't we all).  I won't get into his obsession with Elvis. :yesnod:  He married Lisa Marie, hmm, just a little creepy.

Another little tidbit that ya'll might not know. None of you have a chance with Amber Heard. However, Jackie and Charger Girl might.   :lol:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Brock Samson

Quote from: elanmars on February 27, 2011, 10:36:39 AM
Quote from: Brock Samson on August 03, 2010, 12:19:27 PM
yup, that's right - you missed it.

do explain?

Mr. Angry = Drive Angry?... Primer Daytona = Primer Charger?.. Mike's concept for a Mr. Angry persona obviously resonated at some ten minute Hollywood lunch meeting... That's it!! we'll make a movie!!  :yesnod:

mauve66

Quote from: mikepmcs on February 27, 2011, 11:58:38 AM
Quote from: Blakcharger440 on February 27, 2011, 10:35:44 AM
but he is probably related to a movie producer or something like that.

For anyone that might be wondering.....Nicholas' last name is Coppola.  He is the Nephew of Francis Ford Coppola as well as Talia Shire. Maybe this helped a little in his acting career but he did go to Beverly Hills High School and he studied film and theater at UCLA.
I've always been a fan.  But I have some less than favorites that he has done as well.  He's a very strange individual(but, aren't we all).  I won't get into his obsession with Elvis. :yesnod:  He married Lisa Marie, hmm, just a little creepy.

Another little tidbit that ya'll might not know. None of you have a chance with Amber Heard. However, Jackiend Charger Girl  amight.   :lol:

i don't have to have a chance, just enjoy the show.................................
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

Shakey

Quote from: Brock Samson on February 27, 2011, 01:27:38 PM
Quote from: elanmars on February 27, 2011, 10:36:39 AM
Quote from: Brock Samson on August 03, 2010, 12:19:27 PM
yup, that's right - you missed it.

do explain?

Mr. Angry = Drive Angry?... Primer Daytona = Primer Charger?.. Mike's concept for a Mr. Angry persona obviously resonated at some ten minute Hollywood lunch meeting... That's it!! we'll make a movie!!  :yesnod:

A number of years ago I was having lunch at Nate & Al's in Beverly Hills.  At the table beside me were two people talking about a movie plot and it sounded brutal.  I was tempted to offer my two cents as I left by saying "don't bother making the movie" but restrained myself as it was none of my business.

Shakey

And while we're on the subject - I saw a tv show recently where a car came speeding up to a bank to pull a job and the plate was CNH 320.  It was a recent show but damned if I can recall the name.

elanmars

thanks for the clarification! haha.

anyway, did anyone see this POS and if so, was the charger destroyed?