News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hollow Daytona Wing - one order left

Started by Daytona Guy, September 28, 2009, 12:08:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mauve66

so you bought 2 but are only using one?? or bought 3 and selling 1??
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

mauve66

my dream of 16 years is taking another step forward :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

hotrod98

Robert...do us a favor and run by the SEMA show in a couple of weeks and take some pics of the cars out front. It's best to go by right after sunup on Wednesday. No crowds. Wait....is that asking too much.  ;D
We're not going to be able to come out this year and we're sort of down about it. Just too much going on here with customer work, selling a couple of my personal cars and buying the Superbird. Just too much going on at once.

I'm selling my car that has Dane's wing on it. I'm gonna miss that wing.  :'(

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Daytona Guy

Quote from: unrulyprocuda on October 04, 2009, 10:35:34 PM
Your car is outstanding very clean and low to the ground love the stance pretty much exactly what im doing with my daytona if you could i would like to see more pictures of your car is the inside stock?

I wanted to do something custom but also wanted to keep it stock looking. Went with the 69 pattern with 70 highbacks and changed the color.

hotrod98

Your seat choice and 69 style covers were a great idea.
I want to do something different myself, so I plan to order my new bucket seat covers for the Superbird in leather. I just put leather covers in a 69 runner that I'm building and they make the car.
I'm not that concerned with being totally original on my bird. I want to have fun with it.

How about some more pics of the seats Dane.

Charles Addams

Daytona Guy

mopar_nut_440_6

That is simply awesome Dane! Very nice color combo!
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

Blown70

Dane, WOW I had never seen the interior before... that is Beautiful.... WOW, did you custom make those seat covers....? :drool5:

Daytona Guy

Yes. I just took the seat in and told them what I wanted. The hard part and the time consuming part was finding colors that match between for different kinds of surfaces, Vinyl, carpet, dye and cloth.

Auto Instruments did the work - went white with yellow needles to match the car.

hotrod98

Looks great.  :2thumbs:

I like the standard black camera case bezel over my woodgrain SE bezel in my clone. I'm glad my bird has the standard bezel. I remember as a kid, not liking all of the woodgrain look in the mopars. Still don't. I'll have to put up with it on the console in the bird. At least until I find time to copy that black bezel finish.

I deleted the woodgrain on the console on my Challenger convertible by spraying the top plate with a black course finish. I kind of liked it black.

Here's a pic.

Charles Addams

mauve66

Dane, emergency, check your email and PM PLEASE
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

FreeRider

Quote from: Daytona Guy on October 01, 2009, 11:40:54 PM
Making the mold for this Daytona wing was costly and time consuming. To do a Super Wing... I just don't have the patience right now. Maybe later... much later. (smile)
Dane
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Dane,
I know this is an old post, but I was wondering if you are still making wings & if you ever started making Superbird wings?
Or if you'd think about making a wing to fit the narrow 1/4's of a '74 Roadrunner?