News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

broken Datona wings

Started by mauve66, July 25, 2010, 06:49:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mauve66

anybody out there have any?? particularly a 6 inch end piece of the horizontal stabilizer that bolts to the vertical stabilizers, doesn't mater if its aluminum or fiberglass at this point, just need it for a test and i don't want to cut on the one i just got from Dane
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

moparstuart

Quote from: mauve66 on July 25, 2010, 06:49:31 PM
anybody out there have any?? particularly a 6 inch end piece of the horizontal stabilizer that bolts to the vertical stabilizers, doesn't mater if its aluminum or fiberglass at this point, just need it for a test and i don't want to cut on the one i just got from Dane
use a  2x6 to test with  ?
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

mauve66

i need to be able to bolt it in correctly and see how strong those panel epoxy's are
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

mauve66

:brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

it seems that i looked at the measurement wrong or something when  i was mocking up the tona wing,

i knew i would have to modify the footing base a little, maybe even cut it down to be even with the rest of the upright in order to clear the fastback part of the car and conform to the modified scallop on the rear of the 66.

what i wasn't ready for was the fact that the horizontal piece doesn't even come close to reaching all the way across to the scalloped area on both sides on the 66.  for some reason the 1st gen seems alot wider than the 2nd gen since the tona wing sits pretty far out on the rear fender

since it seems that no one ever kept a broken wing i'm looking for solutions other than the 2 choices i have right now

1. sell the wing :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

2. cutting the center of the horizontal bar and using that body panel adhesive and aluminum bar stock to extend the bar so i have both ends that can be bolted to the uprights

3.  any other suggestions from the experts??

i don'have any "from scratch" fabrication skills that i have magically found yet, but i thinnk i can modify stuff fairly well
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

moparstuart

Quote from: mauve66 on July 30, 2010, 09:33:58 PM
:brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

it seems that i looked at the measurement wrong or something when  i was mocking up the tona wing,

i knew i would have to modify the footing base a little, maybe even cut it down to be even with the rest of the upright in order to clear the fastback part of the car and conform to the modified scallop on the rear of the 66.

what i wasn't ready for was the fact that the horizontal piece doesn't even come close to reaching all the way across to the scalloped area on both sides on the 66.  for some reason the 1st gen seems alot wider than the 2nd gen since the tona wing sits pretty far out on the rear fender

since it seems that no one ever kept a broken wing i'm looking for solutions other than the 2 choices i have right now

1. sell the wing :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

2. cutting the center of the horizontal bar and using that body panel adhesive and aluminum bar stock to extend the bar so i have both ends that can be bolted to the uprights

3.  any other suggestions from the experts??

i don'have any "from scratch" fabrication skills that i have magically found yet, but i thinnk i can modify stuff fairly well
what about seeing if dane can make you a longer center section ???
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

mauve66

thought about that but haven't told him yet, but i'm guessing the mold is set for the current model and it would require an entirely new mold, an expense i'm not ready for at this time
thats why i'm looking at other options so far
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

Charger-Bodie

Take it too a machine shop and have them weld a piece into the middle. Cant cost too much I wouldnt think.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............