News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

15x10 Rims

Started by sanders7981, August 12, 2010, 02:03:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sanders7981

I need an honest opinion for max rim size on a 69 Charger.  I would search for the answer... as I know that many would tell me to do being fairly new on here, but I am deployed to Afghanistan and don't have very much time to spend on the internet due to the amount of Marines waiting in line to use the computers here at the MWR.  So, if someone with a little expertise could help me out... I want to know if a set of 15x10 inch rims will fit on a stock 69 charger without modifying the rear?  Thanks in advance.  :cheers:

James
GySgt/USMC

twodko

Hey Gunny,

I've got a 69 also and am planning on 15x10's as well. From what I've read on this forum they'll easily fit with 4.5 inch back spacing. This BSing will center the wheel in the wheel well with no rubbing. My budget doesn't allow for new HD leaf springs so I'm going to run a pair of air shocks for a little rake/little more clearance. Before I actually cough up the samolians for these wheels (Mag500's) I'll have the shop double check the BSing on both sides. Good luck. From one vet to another.......Thank You!

Tom

Keep your head on a swivel down range. Its one shit sandwich after another.

FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Brass

Stock, centered backspacing on a 10" Magnum rim is 5.5 inches.  (I have been told that an 8" Magnum has 4.5" backspacing.)  I just bought some 10" Magnums with 5 inches of backspacing and they fit perfectly.  In short, regardless of the type of rim you get, I wouldn't go with less than 4.25" backspacing or more than 5.5" on a 10" rim.  But a 10" rim will fit under a stock second gen rear wheel well.   

elacruze

Welcome, Gunny.

I just came back from Kandahar/Bastion/Leatherneck via Jalalabad, working with Army and USMC on MRAPs.

Thanks for what you do.

15x10x4.5 seems to be the trick.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

sanders7981

Thanks for the replies everyone.  I will make notes and run with this.  I got quite abit of time left over here, might as well do what research I can to get my ride set up right.  I got along way to go before shes up and running.   The charger is sitting in my garage stripped down right now.  Just a shell on wheels.  Still have to get the body lines right, using very little filler... just enough to sharpen the lines shes solid as can be with damn near NO rust!  Then prime and paint it!  This is a project my wife and I are working on together, until the last minute deployment popped up.  Anyhow, I'll be in and out frequently.  Thanks again!  :cheers: 

twodko

Just get home safe Chris, you've got a whole new group of buds here and we want to watch your build!

Tom
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!