News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

C-pillar

Started by mister bungle, December 21, 2005, 02:01:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mister bungle

For a 69 Charger. I am in progress of putting my headliner in. I have problems with attaching the headliner on the C pillar. Only on the rear window are hooks to attach the headliner. How can you glue that in the exact place on the horizontal plate behind the seat? Where first to attach and how? WHAT'S THE TRICK to do it right, without wrinkles?
Born with the right heart in the wrong continent

hemi68charger

You have to begin in the rear middle and work your way forward...  Remember to get the vinyl nice and hot.. I usually will lay the headliner on the roof of the car and let it sit out in the Sun...... You also need to take the side window rubber seal channel out to do it properly.......... The front of the roof should be the last place you are..........

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

mister bungle

Thanx for the answer, the car is completly naked (!) The headliner is nicely attached and glued, only the C pillar is hanging there, but i don't know how to attach the headliner under the package tray, cause there are no gripper teeth to hold it while the glue is drying... How did they do that???
Born with the right heart in the wrong continent