News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69RT One Owner Survivor Finds New Home

Started by ramblinn, August 29, 2010, 10:34:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramblinn

69 Charger RT 440, auto, console, A/C, 135K mi survivor. I've known the car and the guy that bought it new since 1971. He drove it for about 15yrs, then not so much for 15yrs, then not at all for 10yrs. If my garage wasn't occupied with a 70RR and 70 Sport Satellite, that RT would be in there.

So I did the next best thing. I hooked up my next door neighbor with the owner. They settled on a price and I trailered the car to his house last Friday.

This white/green survivor has all the orig metal, drivetrain, interior, trim, wheels, vinyl top, and original paperwork - window sticker, sales contract, maintenance records. Don't know yet about broadcast sheet, but suspect its in there somewhere.

adauto

Never too many! 70 Chally R/T Convert-70 GTX-68-69-74 Charger-68 Dart GTS

http://a-dauto.com/  http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

DC_1

hemi-hampton

FlatbackFanatic

Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

ramblinn

Tilar

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

tan top

:drool5:  nice  , need to see more pictures Dude !!  :coolgleamA: :popcrn: :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Just 6T9 CHGR

Real nice....get your buddy to register it!

www.1969chargerregistry.com
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

sixty8charger

Jayson

Todd Wilson

Check out those tires! HAHA   Looks like a nice one!

Todd

TUFCAT

Uh Oh.....my buddy Bryan (bakerhillpins) is gonna be pissed!!! :icon_smile_wink:  Btw, many of us would love to own that car.  :2thumbs:

That was an awesome find! :icon_smile_tongue:

How long have you been wanting to buy it??  :scratchchin:

PocketThunder

Quote from: ramblinn on August 30, 2010, 01:22:42 AM
Quote from: hemi-hampton on August 30, 2010, 12:06:13 AM
Does it have original paint. LEON.

Yes, its like a time capsule

Its almost my cars cousin..  My car came out of Hesperia, CA.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

69rtse4spd

Nice score, I am sure you will be more than happy to help your next door neighbor out on the car.  :icon_smile_big::D

jeryst

So why didnt you hook up one of us instead of your neighbor - lol?

DC_1

What made the guy sell it? After keeping it so long and saving so much of the original documentation it would seem to me that the car was special to him. Good score for your buddy, I just wonded what would make a guy give up something he obviously had held onto for so long.

ChgrSteve67

Why was it trailered and not driven?

Did you guys find something wrong when you tried to wake her up from her 15 year sleep?

Brock Samson

:2thumbs:   :popcrn: is it white or that cream color, hard to tell it looks really dusty in the pics...

ramblinn

Quote from: TUFCAT on August 30, 2010, 08:35:28 PMHow long have you been wanting to buy it??  :scratchchin:
I've been bugging him off and on for several years, but then got tied up with my 70RR convertible project.

QuoteWhat made the guy sell it? After keeping it so long and saving so much of the original documentation it would seem to me that the car was special to him. Good score for your buddy, I just wonded what would make a guy give up something he obviously had held onto for so long.
Good question.  He has a relatively small garage and the RT was taking up a big portion of it.  He needs the room for a kitchen expansion and his woodworking hobby.  It was very special to him, but other priorities won out.   ...and the wife can park her little car in the garage  :icon_smile_wink:  :icon_smile_wink:

QuoteWhy was it trailered and not driven?  Did you guys find something wrong when you tried to wake her up from her 15 year sleep?
Neither the seller or buyer are motorheads, I'm the closest to one.  My advice, given the orig engine with virtually no use over the last decade, was to trailer the car to my neighbors house where I could help him wake it up...drop the tank, clean the lines, new gas, oil prime, plugs, oil/filter, then light her up.  Just to be safe. 

Its white, faded green vinyl top, green bucket interior. 

472 R/T SE

That has to be a 3/4 ton p/kup or do they make 1 ton single rear wheels, can't remember?

How'd it handle going down the road with the car backed on?  My Father learned the hard way hauling a demo derby car backed on.

I've always remembered his saying after that.  "You'll haul something on a trailer wrong one time"

ramblinn

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on September 03, 2010, 07:49:02 PM
That has to be a 3/4 ton p/kup or do they make 1 ton single rear wheels, can't remember?

How'd it handle going down the road with the car backed on?  My Father learned the hard way hauling a demo derby car backed on.

I've always remembered his saying after that.  "You'll haul something on a trailer wrong one time"

Its a 2500HD with Duramax/Allison.  Frankly this load doesn't even make the Dmax break into a sweat.  Handled fine.  The truck is used most often to pull 14K of boat/trailer. 

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Awesome find!!! Good guy to pass to your friend, most would not  :cheers:

mauve66

i think he was refering to the weight distribution on the trailer and not the motor/tranny capabilities, usually you try to keep the weight on the trailer over the wheels or better yet just slightly forward (as in the car  on the trailer nose first).  some trailers will wag like a puppy tail when going down the road at speed if too much weight is at the back of the trailer
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

PocketThunder

I'm pretty sure you can get a 1 ton with single rear wheels from any manufacturer.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: PocketThunder on November 08, 2010, 09:35:03 AM

I'm pretty sure you can get a 1 ton with single rear wheels from any manufacturer.

Yes, from any REAL truck manufacturer  :icon_smile_big:

charger2fast4u

great find and glad to see it will be brought back to life instead of sitting in a garage and not being used. i'd love to find a clean original R/T. i hauled my 68 charger home on a tow dolly backwards that was a hell of a ride home. i can't remember the reason for having to load it backwards. i pulled it home with a 6 cyl dodge dakota what a trip

PocketThunder

Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on November 08, 2010, 09:38:09 AM

The only 3 i know of are Dodge, Ford and GM.   :icon_smile_big:

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: PocketThunder on November 08, 2010, 10:43:53 AM
Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on November 08, 2010, 09:38:09 AM

The only 3 i know of are Dodge, Ford and GM.   :icon_smile_big:
:cheers: