News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Daytona lost in fire: ***updated wth newspaper article***

Started by firefighter3931, December 23, 2005, 08:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nascarxx29

See what you come up with .I got a clue the burned car sold new at Bay King Motors Hamilton Ontario.And maybe car #367 on the daytona list .Or this other car sold from that same dealer
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Ghoste

I'll see.  The car I am talking about should have been sold new in Leamington or Windsor.  I'm going to have a memorial for it anyway.  We Canadians will use any excuse for a beer and a lost Daytona is better than some of the ones I've used in the past.

Beep Beep Dave

Quote from: nascarxx29 on December 28, 2005, 02:43:27 PM
See what you come up with .I got a clue the burned car sold new at Bay King Motors Hamilton Ontario.And maybe car #367 on the daytona list .Or this other car sold from that same dealer

Hey Dave what car is this then?

1969 Charger Daytona, PS, PB, AT, Bucket Seats, Center Console, 1st Known Canada Export Car, T5 Copper, Tan Interior, Not Matching Numbers & No Build Sheet. Currently in Restoration & should be completed by March 1st.

$190K OBO

Contact Dave at 714-742-2832 or email sixpack@gte.net

BTW Bay King Motors in Hamilton is still around!

Dave
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

Moparmatty

414631 is the one that was in Guelph for sale last year at Wellington Motors.  T5 440 4spd.  SOld new out of Bay King Motors in Hamilton.
Matt Tebbutt
Ontario, Canada

65post

Talked to the guy a while back and he is having the burnt daytona restored.
Previously owned Daytona XX29L9B423239 - f8 - white int. - power windows.

Crazy Larry

Does anyone know the cause of the fire - just curious and I didn't see it reported in the article.

My guess is that it was a space heater that was left on.

As for a burned out vehicle not being able to be restored, I guess that comes down to the severity of the fire damage. I know of a '58 Plymouth Fury from the movie Christine that was burned pretty bad, and it was sold for restoration. So it is possible, but not cheap.

Also, and insurance question - if the guy gets what the Daytona is worth from the Insurance company, don't they get the charred carcas of the vehicle? And can he then buy back the burned chassis from the insurance company? I always thought you have to give up the damage vehicle when you get the insurance money - to prevent fraud.

Anyone know the details?

:shruggy:

Ghoste

I think it probably depends on the policy and your relationship with the adjuster to a degree.

moparsinbarns

Is he going to try to restore the Daytona and the other two or is he going to sell them or just scrap them? Whats he doing?
Mopar Or No Car!!!!!!!!

chargerkid426

*quote* But his dreams was to own a 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona like the one off The Dukes Of Hazzard *quote*.

They didnt use a Daytona on the Dukes..how stupid is that reporter? :haha:

Ghoste

moparsinbarns

Ya it was a restored Daytona. The falling building and hot flames probally made it fall off :yesnod:
Mopar Or No Car!!!!!!!!

69bronzeT5

I know this is an old topic but was this thing ever restored? :shruggy:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

maxwellwedge

It is being restored. An NOS nose, quarters and fenders were found. I sold him an original wing. The top half of the car got the worst of it, the original engine and trans were checked to be good and are being rebuilt. An amazing old school metal magician has pulled, beaten and hammered out the lower part of the car on P4's and an original roof is going on. The car will live with most of its original structure intact! I will probably post some pics in a few weeks.

mauve66

quoteing the article, i didn't know they had a 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona on the Dukes of Hazzard show.....................................???
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

69bronzeT5

Quote from: moparsinbarns on March 26, 2006, 02:26:27 PM
Ya it was a restored Daytona. The falling building and hot flames probally made it fall off :yesnod:

Ah yes...the good 'ole days  ;)
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Nwcharger

Quote from: maxwellwedge on April 30, 2009, 06:26:10 PM
It is being restored. An NOS nose, quarters and fenders were found. I sold him an original wing. The top half of the car got the worst of it, the original engine and trans were checked to be good and are being rebuilt. An amazing old school metal magician has pulled, beaten and hammered out the lower part of the car on P4's and an original roof is going on. The car will live with most of its original structure intact! I will probably post some pics in a few weeks.

Any new updates on this car or pics of the restoration?
1969 coronet wagon

Nwcharger

So was this Daytona considered a rebody?? No updates or pics of its restoration  :shruggy:
1969 coronet wagon

hemi68charger

Quote from: Nwcharger on February 12, 2015, 10:19:17 AM
So was this Daytona considered a rebody?? No updates or pics of its restoration  :shruggy:

based on what Jim mentioned of the body work, I would say no since..
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

held1823

the starting point was still recognizable as a charger, but man what a project
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

maxwellwedge

Quote from: hemi68charger on February 12, 2015, 11:13:47 AM
Quote from: Nwcharger on February 12, 2015, 10:19:17 AM

based on what Jim mentioned of the body work, I would say no since..

Since.......
I have seen the car during the entire restoration and helped to find a lot of the tough to find stuff. What I said earlier as to what was fixed or changed still is.
I saw it about a month ago....the dip color is on it, the nose is starting to be assembled....and paint will be the next step. It has been a long, long drawn out resto.....there was a lot of intense hours spent saving what could be saved. In my opinion, It doesn't even close to anything I would consider a re-body......a labor of love describes it best.  :2thumbs: