News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hood latch question....

Started by jaak, September 14, 2010, 05:06:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaak

I got my hood on, was installing my latches to get final adjustment, this cable was in the bag with all my hood latches and hardware. Where does it go exactly, and if someone could post a pic, I'd really appreciate it.

Jason

twodko

Hey Jason,

That is a grounding strap. There should be 2 of them, one on each side of the headlight/vac pod assembly. They are attached to the metal frame of the grille then to the rad support. I'll see if I have a pix and post it up if I do. Good luck.

Tom
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: twodko on September 14, 2010, 05:22:13 PM
Hey Jason,

That is a grounding strap. There should be 2 of them, one on each side of the headlight/vac pod assembly. They are attached to the metal frame of the grille then to the rad support. I'll see if I have a pix and post it up if I do. Good luck.

Tom

That cable is actually a saftey deal for the realease hanle linkage.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

bill440rt

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on September 14, 2010, 05:37:11 PM
Quote from: twodko on September 14, 2010, 05:22:13 PM
Hey Jason,

Tom

That cable is actually a saftey deal for the realease hanle linkage.

DING!DING!DING!!!  :woohoo:     That's exactly it, Brian.

Do these pics help you?

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

jaak

Thanks a million guys, really appriciate the pics Bill. I knew it had something to do with the latch, because I had it stored with my latches, but couldnt remember how it went.

Thanks again,
Jason

UFO

Don't recall ever seeing that before.
I'll have to look at the grille frames kicking around here and see if there's a empty mounting hole.

bill440rt

I think it might have been a mid-year change or something?  :shruggy:
I've seen them both with & without.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

twodko

On my early build 69, when I pulled the grille assembly out, they are grounding straps between the grille frame and rad support. Maybe other 69's are different, I dunno.

Tom
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!