News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

do phenolic carb spacers work well ?

Started by Charger-Bodie, July 07, 2013, 07:23:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger-Bodie

Do they keep carbs from vapor locking?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

RECHRGD

They do work if you have the hood clearance for it.  I run the RPM intake and could only fit a 1/4" one, but it was enough to solve my problem......
13.53 @ 105.32

A383Wing

I'm running the sandwich style

Charger-Bodie

Thanks guys.

Began, how much result did that style give you?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

Charger-Bodie

Musicman

Very first post by Ron (Firefighter3931)  :yesnod:

QuoteFrom the data it looks like the heat crossover block off is worth a 30* reduction. A further reduction of 70* was achieved with the phenolic spacer.

A383Wing

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on July 07, 2013, 08:08:36 PM
Thanks guys.

I assume you are asking me, I did have hot start issues...it got a lot better after this installed...not completely cured, but  I can live with it now

Bryan

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: A383Wing on July 07, 2013, 08:50:52 PM
Quote from: 1HotDaytona on July 07, 2013, 08:08:36 PM
Thanks guys.

I assume you are asking me, I did have hot start issues...it got a lot better after this installed...not completely cured, but  I can live with it now

Bryan

:brickwall:

Yes Bryan. My Dang phone "corrected" it.....
Quote from: Musicman on July 07, 2013, 08:41:15 PM
Very first post by Ron (Firefighter3931)  :yesnod:

QuoteFrom the data it looks like the heat crossover block off is worth a 30* reduction. A further reduction of 70* was achieved with the phenolic spacer.

About right for me. If I wasn't looking for it,it would have jumped right off the page at me.

c00nhunterjoe

Torker intake with no crossover and a 1" phenolic spacer on my 383. Atoperating temp I can put my hands on the carb and its cool to the touch. After a drive it is warm.

Just 6T9 CHGR

This is the one I am running....

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,30683.0.html

Worked well with the CH4B manifold I had....still works well with the cast iron stock manifold I am running now :thumbs:   I have no hot start issues
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

firefighter3931

Yes....they work very well !  :icon_smile_big:

The thick carb base gaskets also work but not as good as the phenolic spacer.  ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Dino

Haven't tried one yet but I can tell you the phenolic fuel bowl on the TQ sure does keep everything a lot cooler.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Brightyellow69rtse

everyone should run one.  i had a 1" 4 hole on the 400. now with the 440 i have two  1/4" 4 hole spacers i made at work stacked up. i didnt have the hood clearance to run the 1" again.

A383Wing

huh....what?? Did you say sumthin? Wasn't paying any attention to whut you said