News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What is your favorite year 2nd generation Charger (and why?)

Started by Dans 68, December 23, 2005, 05:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which year "2nd Gen" Charger is your favorite?

77 (44.8%)
51 (29.7%)
44 (25.6%)

Total Members Voted: 172

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Sublime/Sixpack on January 03, 2006, 10:03:46 AM
...and the new front bumper/grille that looks as though it could suck in a Lincoln Continental, chew it up and spit it out the exhaust.
SWEET!!! :icon_smile_evil:

Thanks for voting, Sublime! :wave:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

69Charger500

Ok, I'm in on this...

(I've owned 2 1970's and still have my '69 500, also a sweet '71)

I think the '68 just looks the meanest (in black) with the grille, round side markers, and round taillights, like in Bullitt.  But the interiors were'nt as nice as '69, and those weren't as nice as '70.  The '68 Inland shifter wasn't as good as the Hurst in '69, but the Pistol Grip for '70 takes the cake there.  1969 had the 500 and Daytona, but '70 had the 6-Pak, the Door Scoops, and the Hi-Impact colors.

Front end styling '68 & '69 tie, with '70 being right behind.

Rear end styling, I like them all....

Allright, I give up, I like them all, but if forced to pick among everything, including 500s & Daytonas.............

.............it would have to be a 1969 Charger R/T-SE with Hemi and 4 Speed, Super Trak Pak, in Black..............

Mike

69Charger500

Oh yeah, can't forget the Kelsey-Hayes wheels if anyone is getting me that '69 Hemi Charger R/T-SE i mentioned above....

Doc74

Quote from: 69Charger500 on January 03, 2006, 04:56:48 PM

.............it would have to be a 1969 Charger R/T-SE with Hemi and 4 Speed, Super Trak Pak, in Black..............

Mike

Well good thing you ain't picky !  :icon_smile_big:

I see that a lot of members seem to preffer the highback 70 seats over the others, while I fully understand that comfortwise, I do not when based solely on looks, which the entire car is, it's not quite the best handling thing on the road.
I don't dislike the highbacks but the 69 lowbacks with headrests have tons more character in them imho, the 68 seats have the coolest seats covers ever, I'd love to see more of those with headrests.
The 70 doorpanels aren't much of an improvement either I think but it's really nitpicking, if they drive by fast enough they all look the same, and that's how I like to see them  :D

Dodge Don

Is "lowbacks" the new PC term for grandpa's bench seats  :scratchchin:   

Chris G.

Quote from: Dodge Don on January 03, 2006, 06:24:35 PM
Is "lowbacks" the new PC term for grandpa's bench seats   :scratchchin:     

Don, you're not kidding. That's the first time I ever saw someone praise 68/69 seats, and also comment about 68's having the greatest seat pattern. :o   Sounds like the Doc needs to visit a Doc.   :P :icon_smile_wink: ...kidding Doc.

I can see why some like the door panels on 69's and 70 SE's, but I am not a fan. I love the standard '70 door panels. They scream fast and sporty.

Troy

Quote from: 69Charger500 on January 03, 2006, 04:56:48 PM
The '68 Inland shifter wasn't as good as the Hurst in '69, but the Pistol Grip for '70 takes the cake there.
Mike
Just FYI: The Hurst shifter replaced the Inland about midway through 68 (thank goodness!).

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

genlee1970

Quote from: chargervert on January 01, 2006, 10:22:36 PM
I think 69 Charger 2002,has the plan for settling this dispute! Have one of all three years!,then have a few more in the backround for good measure! I have 5 of them myself! I have 2 68s,1 69,and 2 70s! Hey Al, I still love that painted front bumper on the 70! It looks killer!

Amen, brutha!!! If only we could all house a stable of 2nd Gen Chargers. I'm thankful to have just one; only took me 20 years to get it, and another 2 to build it!!! As for the painted front bumper, Pete, you ought to like it, it was your idea!!! Thanks again!!! Looks better than chrome and is waaaay cheaper to do!!!

orange68

Quote from: Troy on December 23, 2005, 11:56:45 PM
1968 of course! They put a GTO grill on them in 1969 and then smashed it into a wall to restyle it for 1970. I suppose they must have ran out of the coolest taillights ever sometime around the end of the 68 model year too. :D :thumbs:

Troy

I'm all with you, after -68 they ran out of all the good stuff :icon_smile_big: ;)