News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Oil pump ID?

Started by terrible one, September 18, 2010, 07:46:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terrible one

I'm not sure whether it was on this board or not, but I recently read a few threads that mentioned with the stock lower capacity oil pan it was a bad idea to run a high volume oil pump due to the possibility of it sucking the pan dry.

I bought my longblock secondhand and in short was wondering how I could tell if the guy had put a high volume or high pressure pump on it vs. stock just by looking at it?  :shruggy:

RD

fwiw, i ran a HV oil pump with a stock oil pan in my ramcharger and 72 charger for years with no issues.  the only time i believe you will have an issue with the HV oil pump and a stock pan is if you are hitting 4500 rpm or higher on a regular basis.   :Twocents:
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

terrible one

Worth enough to give me a bit of piece of mind. I guess I'll quit stalling and start this thing up for the first time already  ;)

RD

:cheers:
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander