News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rack's stupid questions thread...

Started by Rack, June 17, 2006, 05:40:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rack

I was just adding to my "restoration plan" document and I was thinking...

My charger is gonna be black (high gloss). I'm gonna have a color combo of black and red in the interior and in the engine bay. Should I paint the engine bay Red and the Engine black, or the engine bay black and the engine Red?

I'm guessing a red engine/black engine bay would be easier and more practical, but I figured I'd get some input from you folks before making a decision.

Thanks

Wakko

Your rear valence and corners are shot, that's for sure...and probably the lower quarters.  Typical.  Check the bottom of the rear window, my car has filler there. 

Car is rough but appears fairly solid, so it's worth saving...just a little pricier than it should have been.   Looks like a typical HLPAG "slap some shiny paint on the motor and some primer and it'll look great" car.  :(  Looks like it was hit in the passenger side as you pointed out, but that's no big deal.  Just grind the welds down and realign that fender a little and nobody will be able to tell except you.  :)
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

mikepmcs

Bob
If you did the entire engine bay in black you could paint the motor black too and have a special diamond shaped air cleaner(RED) made and it would look like a black widow if you spread the ignition wires in such a fashion to look like legs. Just a thought, i'm sure that car is gonna look bada$$ either way. just my  :Twocents: :METAL: :METAL:
v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Rack

Mike, that's a great idea. I hadn't even though of that.

Mikesmopars01

BLACK WIDOW R/T

That would be nice on the dash.

mikepmcs

1 0f 1 baby, i like it.  with the ghost black widow like you said somewhere in flat black on the car.  can't wait to see it.  let's see if plum500 can fab one up for us in animation. there is another member that is great at this too but I can't for the life of me think of his ID right now, i'm sorry, please forgive me, but he did a kicka$$ new design as well. 
:icon_smile_big:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Mikesmopars01

A black widow mural on the under side of the hood.  Maybe even a web pattern for the interior.  Black with a hint of red for the paint scheme, you can not go wrong.

Rack

Dang I just got another jolt of motivation!

I might be moving soon so I haven't dismantled the car yet. I've only taken off the grill. Eventhough I probably shouldn't work on it yet, I'm gonna start cleaning it up tonight. I've got to do something I've got all this motivation bottled up!  :yesnod:

I bought a grill kit (was missing several screws) that should be here by the end of the week.

Here's another question... is there a hand can sealer that I can spray on the metal pieces of the grill after I sand them down?

Also, what grit should I use to sand the plastic pieces? Any suggestions on what to use to block the front of the grill with? Maybe a paint stirrer (sp?)?

QuoteA black widow mural on the under side of the hood.  Maybe even a web pattern for the interior.  Black with a hint of red for the paint scheme, you can not go wrong.

Don't know if I mentioned it or not (can't remember) but I want to have my air cleaner cover either painted with a web and a black widow on it or something similiar.

I'm going with the black widow theme, but I don't want to go overboard with it. I like the idea of "webbed" seat covers though. I don't have front seats so I'm probably gonna buy new ones. Probably better that way anyway cuz I need lumbar support (bad lower back) and the old seats don't have lumbar support.

mikepmcs

Quote from: Rack on June 27, 2006, 07:31:58 PM
Also, what grit should I use to sand the plastic pieces? Any suggestions on what to use to block the front of the grill with? Maybe a paint stirrer (sp?)?

Bob
you talking about block sanding with a paint stick?  I don't understand, but I bet if you went, by hand, with #oo to #oooo steel wool(home depot), you would be right on time.(for the plastic)
I'm sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong.
v/r
Mike

Rack

Yeah I was talking about block sanding (so to speak) the front of the grill.

I like your way better though.

What about that sealer? Is there a rattle can sealer available just for "small" or hidden jobs like the metal pieces on the grill?

Rack

jpsycoboy5

so whatever happened with the charger?  :popcrn:
1973 dodge charger se was 318 in process of swapping in 440