News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

It used to be a 69 daytona

Started by nascarxx29, September 25, 2010, 07:14:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daveco

Actually after grafting the numbers onto a donor body, finish oxidizing the remains into rust dust and keep the powder in an appropriately reverent urn in the trunk. ;D
R/Tree

held1823

Quote from: cudaken on July 23, 2013, 04:27:29 PM
Way I look at it there is no such thing as a real Daytona ( Boy I am going to get some hate comments from that ) when the body rolled down the line it was per chances which one became a Hemi, RT, Daytona or a 318 car.

Finally, lets faces it Maw Mopar did not make Daytona's, it was Creative Industry.

wouldn't that make the XX vin and A11 package code on the build sheet a bit suspect?...
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

djcarguy

Any new plans,pix and ideas on this one???

more than happy to come up an help cut up one of the other mopars too use the unibody an parts too start the Daytona build..  think ya 69 coronet  wood make a great Daytona and it sure wood not just bee a rebody if ya change all the body skin to daytona body??

well looking for mopar fix an something new in areo section to read an follow..

take care, hey someday ya should come down an buy my 68 440 with auto,have a few 318es and  maybee the 85 van it has big bolt pattern .wonder if 85 van brakes will fit on b bodies an didnt nascars have larger bolt pattern??  an it wood bee a dry storage,rooling shed for the daytona  parts..latter dj  :cheers: :popcrn: :popcrn: :2thumbs: :D :D  ya out there :shruggy:

Nwcharger

thats some timing. i just got home with this yesterday. its a 68 that had the left side cut from it to save a wrecked 68 rt. what im thinking is remove the roof, quarter, firewall and inner fenders and starting with the floor and rails from this car. then add the daytona firewall, upper and lower cowl, inner fenders, rockers and door jambs. may even try and save the passenger door frame but it may be to far gone. it would be cool to save the daytona taillight panel too but its fairly bent
1969 coronet wagon

moparstuart

:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:  save what you can and document it
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

djcarguy

wow?  i wood add some wood or weld more supports to hold roof an dutchman up in place. start cleaning an inspecting,get few gallons of ospho rust treater.  then get it rollable an hide it from peeping naybers. run some want adds for driver side metal,rear roof front door hinge an post  like that .. dont think i wood take the roof off if not bend or twisted..  is that an ac firewall,,was it auto on floor or not??

Wonder who has some roof an cowl sheet metal laying around???   ??? did you see a 383 wing had 3 doors for sale  in wash?  i know of 1 68 door an have too call the other guy down here who had charger stuff..  witch rocker was still on other floor??

ok for now just asking ,,,dont have too answer it all right now...haha   lattter DJ wing dreamer living an dreaming along with your project,lol.. :popcrn: :popcrn: :cheers: :drool5: :2thumbs:

hemi-hampton

So what did Mark over at Graveyard Cars have to say about this one. Is he going to do it? LEON. :scratchchin: :shruggy:

tan top

Quote from: moparstuart on September 08, 2013, 08:20:39 PM
:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:  save what you can and document it

:yesnod: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:  , looking forward to seeing  more pictures & progress reports & stuff  :yesnod: :cheers: :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Nwcharger

Quote from: hemi-hampton on September 14, 2013, 11:46:50 PM
So what did Mark over at Graveyard Cars have to say about this one. Is he going to do it? LEON. :scratchchin: :shruggy:

i have talked to mark twice in person about restoring this car and both times he was very interested in it and said he wants to see it and to bring it down to him, even commented about putting it on his show. I emailed him a couple months ago about bringing the car down but never got a response. ive thought about just showing up with it loaded but I want to make sure that he will be there and has time to check it out. I would love to have the restore done on tv.
1969 coronet wagon

ACUDANUT

Just ask Stu to put in a good word. He is part owner.  :stirthepot:

Speedfreak

Quote from: Nwcharger on September 16, 2013, 01:02:17 PM

i have talked to mark twice in person about restoring this car and both times he was very interested in it and said he wants to see it and to bring it down to him, even commented about putting it on his show. I emailed him a couple months ago about bringing the car down but never got a response. ive thought about just showing up with it loaded but I want to make sure that he will be there and has time to check it out. I would love to have the restore done on tv.

If he does take it,  he will be charging big money, be prepared for that. Though he will do a good job.  No deals to be had, if that is what you were hoping for.  Good luck.

Indygenerallee

Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Nwcharger

Quote from: Speedfreak on September 16, 2013, 01:39:45 PM
Quote from: Nwcharger on September 16, 2013, 01:02:17 PM

If he does take it,  he will be charging big money, be prepared for that. Though he will do a good job.  No deals to be had, if that is what you were hoping for.  Good luck.

I know its gonna cost a lot and there is no deals or Homie hook ups. It would be cool to have it on tv tho. A resurrected Daytona restoration would be worth watching in my book and not just because its mine, seeing something that far gone and brought back to me is awesome. Maybe he will give me the OREGONIAN discount. Ha now that's funny.. :2thumbs:
1969 coronet wagon

djcarguy

oREGON DISCOUNT   ,save thousands of dollars on shipping the car an parts back and forth over east coast guys an i will keep tabs on it cheaper as iam 22 blocks from shop.  well do ya have ya 68 shell rolling? rip the 4 dr apart to put suspension under 68 shell or one of ya 69es if ya have too have 69 stuff under the daytona project?

well i sent my i will buy nose cone reply out ,so i will focuss on my dart build and stop stressing to find an pay for a b body. still wood like to go for that clone that was for sale in oregon,ooohwellll. 

search an read up on JIM Rodenbaugh  and his topless charger build party,,,,,,,,,neat way to get help an work done on cars as a group.. he has done 68 topless---67 charger ragtop an 64 dodge ramcharger showcar clone??

well till latter ,take care out there,damn is cold latly. bye DJ ,dartona guy with nose coming :D :D

djcarguy

Monday the 16th i was at welbys an saw an heard a red daytona moving under it own power that many wood have  or did walked away from over the past 35 + yrs as a too far gone too costly  too repair.
       now its on its way home to a proud owner that will love an enjoy a awsum red Daytona.  saw lots of other mopars waiting for a chance at a new life there too/

HAPPY HOLIDAYS   AND SAVEM IF YA GOT EM,HO HO HO   HI HOPES FOR 2014 FOR US ALL.DJ :cheers: :2thumbs:

Nwcharger

I have big plans for this car in 2014. I bought an original window plug a couple months ago and may have found a bunch more real Daytona parts, so hopefully when I get back from newhampshire this summer ill have a bed load of Daytona parts. I think that's when I'm gonna start thinning my heard of mopars (just a little bit) and start focusing on the Daytona.  :2thumbs:
1969 coronet wagon

CornDogsCharger

Wow.  I just read the whole topic from the start.  My eyes hurt.  haha.  I would love to see this car come back from the dead.  It will be a major undertaking to say the least, but it can be done.  It sounds like you are really motivated to fix the ole girl... which is great... but if you decide to pass on it, I may be interested in it.  I know that I could do the work myself without a problem, but like you mentioned earlier... I probably could not afford a nice original car.  Good luck with your project!!

Justin
"CornDog"
1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (DMCL Project)
1969 Dodge Charger (WB General Lee "GL#004")
1969 Dodge Super Bee

djcarguy

Wait a minute we just got this wing project to oregon,, there may bee a list growing to keep it out here??  as there arnt many wing cars in oregon,think some of us wood bee in line to keep it out here..

Yes Corndog have seen the great work  you did on the 2 superbirds,great stuff there.. Hey do ya think we can take up a collection an get ya corndog to come out an work some metal magic on johns daytona??

HAPPY NEW YEAR AN SAVE EM IF YA GOT EM..DJ OUT WEST :cheers: :2thumbs: :cheers:car build party  plan your vacation early,, say help save a daytona,,wings rule  2014 new year new plans. :cheers: :2thumbs: :Twocents: :icon_smile_question: :cheers:

Nwcharger

Update on my Daytona. Just got back in town a couple weeks ago from a long east coast road trip getting parts. Picked up the window plug, trunk lid, wing washers, apillar trim and a complete rear clip from a rust free 69 charger. Non Daytona related that I also picked up is my 70 v code superbee shell and b-body dana 60. I have a lead on an original nose and wing so after I pick those up I should have most of the original Daytona parts that are hard to find. Finally loaded the Daytona and took it down to graveyard carz so mark could have a good look at it. He will let me know in a few weeks if he will take on the restoration. I sure hope he does. Like I said to mark earlyer (this is a true graveyard car and should be resurrected from the dead) the fact that this car is still around and not in a metal yard and completely gone to me makes even more of a reason bring it back. I want to thank dodgecharger.com and all its moderators for having such an awesome site. Because of dodgecharger.com I own a Daytona, and a very well known one at that.  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
1969 coronet wagon

Stevearino

I hope your persistence pays off. You are sure going the extra mile (or should I say 8,000 miles) to make this happen. :popcrn: :popcrn:

charger_fan_4ever

Whats the going rate for putting something like this together 100-150k ? :popcrn:

charger500440

Quote from: Nwcharger on August 02, 2014, 07:33:14 PM
Update on my Daytona. Just got back in town a couple weeks ago from a long east coast road trip getting parts. Picked up the window plug, trunk lid, wing washers, apillar trim and a complete rear clip from a rust free 69 charger. Non Daytona related that I also picked up is my 70 v code superbee shell and b-body dana 60. I have a lead on an original nose and wing so after I pick those up I should have most of the original Daytona parts that are hard to find. Finally loaded the Daytona and took it down to graveyard carz so mark could have a good look at it. He will let me know in a few weeks if he will take on the restoration. I sure hope he does. Like I said to mark earlyer (this is a true graveyard car and should be resurrected from the dead) the fact that this car is still around and not in a metal yard and completely gone to me makes even more of a reason bring it back. I want to thank dodgecharger.com and all its moderators for having such an awesome site. Because of dodgecharger.com I own a Daytona, and a very well known one at that.  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Glad you finally made it home safe John, it was a trip you won't soon forget I'm sure. I look forward to seeing your Daytona project get going, whether it's on TV or not. Best of luck along the way...

Mike
1969 SE  383 Automatic
1969 500 440 Automatic

FJ5WING

that's some good stuff!

be sure to get the updates coming.....
wingless now, but still around.

nascarxx29

Its one of 2 written off daytonas thats making a comeback.Was there a back story on its fate.I happened across this other remains daytona back story and how it became mangled beyond repair

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,111638.0.html
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Nwcharger

Quote from: nascarxx29 on August 03, 2014, 06:43:21 PM
Its one of 2 written off daytonas thats making a comeback.Was there a back story on its fate.I happened across this other remains daytona back story and how it became mangled beyond repair

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,111638.0.html

Honestly I think I know who has that car and if it is it (which I'm almost positive it is) its being restored. his wrecked at 100+ and is a green/green 4 speed car.
1969 coronet wagon