News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

It used to be a 69 daytona

Started by nascarxx29, September 25, 2010, 07:14:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: charger500440 on January 31, 2015, 08:53:26 AM
If NWC has $40K in parts, another $25K in labor (assuming he does most of the work himself), another $10K in paint/material, then add the cost of the car. He could conceivably have a complete Daytona, with correct numbers for around $85K. Where are you going to get a Daytona that runs and drives for that money? And perhaps more importantly regarding the "should he or shouldn't he" discussion, do you really believe he couldn't at least get his money back if the car were to be sold?

Personally, I don't believe it would last 2 days with a $100K plus price tag from what I'm seeing in the market...

Sounds good in theory, but you aren't going to get a running Daytona for 85 large because you forgot to add add complete suspension, K-frame rear end, brakes, steering box, column, steering wheel, brake & lines, emergency brake pedal & cables, fuel tank wheels, tires, complete interior, dashboard, glass, engine & transmission rebuild, heater, console, shifter & linkage and on and on. So, it's safe to say that you could easily add another 40 large + all the unexpected stuff, and there will be lots of it.

Daytona R/T SE

What ever happened to this fine specimen ?   :shruggy:

Seems to me there's a lot more to work with here than with the OP's "car"...  :scratchchin:

500Jon

Hi Dirty Bin,

Good point indeed fella!
As we know restoring an non-Wingcar is gonna be around $60,000-£80,000...
We are debating the extra bits on the Wingers here.
I reckon $40,000 should cover that part depending on depth of Ravine it fell down?

Wingers that have not fallen down a Ravine, hit the wall at Dega or Charlotte, will need less in aftermarket NOS!
I have fixed car that have been rolled over and they are difficult to put right as well.
If the roof is knocked over to one side , then the whole structure has to be unpicked and re-aligned.

As I've said before the customer doesn't want to see the hard graft that goes in and on the whole we don't allow it anyways!!! :slap:

The guys that have grown up with wingers should be happy for the great UNWASHED (like me) to dream of owning a Wingcar TOO................ :2thumbs:

Stop being Parade-rainers and get behind the WINGCAR restorers, before its too LATE!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
IF A JOB's WORTH DOING, ITS WORTH DOING WELL, RIP DAD.
4-SPEED, 1969 Charger-500 is the most Coolio car in the World!

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

charger500440

Quote from: held1823 on January 31, 2015, 12:18:22 PM
Quote from: charger500440 on January 31, 2015, 08:53:26 AM

Personally, I don't believe it would last 2 days with a $100K plus price tag from what I'm seeing in the market...

ahem... did you follow the recent thread on this one? it wasn't too far off from your price point, and could have been driven home.

Not saying there aren't fair and reasonable deals to be had but in general, a wing car today is out of most people's budget. For me, I have a 500 that I brought home in boxes. It'll take me years to collect all that I need and slowly put it all back together. My plan is to save the car and when I'm done, have a 500 with about $40-$45K invested all in (I already have all the 500-specific parts). The car is missiing the bc sheet and tag so I know it'll never be a high dollar car. But I don't care about that because I can't afford to care about it. I know I can find a driver condition 500 with more documentation than mine for around $50K but sorry, I don't $50K to blow on a car. Cool one or not. So I need to spread that cost out over "years" and the best part is a 500 that may have died a slow death will be put back on the road in all it's glory. Well, that's the plan anyway.

As for resurrecting my 500 or NWC's Daytona, why would anyone on this forum be against that? Assuming we're not hiding the cars' past, which we're not.

Having met NWC, he and I are in the same exact boat. Except his boat has a wing on it and mine isn't as much of a project sheetmetal-wise...
1969 SE  383 Automatic
1969 500 440 Automatic

500Jon

Well said C500440!

LIVE AND LET LIVE!!!

In most cases Folks don't care what's said on Car-Sites anyways.
Best to keep Folks in the gang rather than scaring them out... :2thumbs:
IF A JOB's WORTH DOING, ITS WORTH DOING WELL, RIP DAD.
4-SPEED, 1969 Charger-500 is the most Coolio car in the World!

hemi-hampton

Quote from: Nwcharger on December 01, 2014, 09:51:36 AM
Picked up that issue last night. Your right. Mark has no interest in restoring my Daytona. Sure wish he would have told me in person. I had a feeling he passed when he never called me back after bringing it down there.  :'(

This is no surprise. I can not see anybody wanting to restore it. Mainly because to time consuming. Unless you want to rebody it. Some don't want to do that either because of legal gray lines. LEON.

nascarxx29

moparsupremist

Yah if gyc would have done car I don't see how he wouldn't have wanted 120-150k to do it. The current owner will need some help if he's going to keep it under 100k.
Offer stands! Where you at nwcharger?
Don't say everyone will pass on doing this car....600 miles away

Nwcharger

Quote from: moparsupremist on February 01, 2015, 06:44:13 PM
Yah if gyc would have done car I don't see how he wouldn't have wanted 120-150k to do it. The current owner will need some help if he's going to keep it under 100k.
Offer stands! Where you at nwcharger?
Don't say everyone will pass on doing this car....600 miles away

I'm located in portland oregon. Your offer does sound interesting however I'm skeptical about the car leaving my possession. Maybe if I was able to take a month or so off work and take it down, help build it and come back with it
1969 coronet wagon

Redbird

By now it should be clear that most likely the only people who would make money on this project would be someone selling parts to the owner and a shop doing the work.

From the outside this appears to be basically a bottomless pit with little upside. :Twocents:

I'd like to see the supremist get a blank check and see what happens! :2thumbs:

moparsupremist

Well we could talk about it in private but you gotta leave it somewhere if you want it done. Of course can show you plenty of cars done and let's face it , your only 10 hours away from your Daytona. Not across the country. Not sure that staying and helping would work out as its to hard to determine where we would be at when your ready. Things change daily and got to get in line. Giving us the job and letting us go on it would be best as we work well on our own pace which is above most people's pace. We don't talk, we do!  I'll leave it at that as most people don't believe what we get done in weeks. We don't take customer cars normally but I saw this as a challenge. All the cars done are mine until I find them a home.
First step getting it a roller. If you wanted to do rest to save money, I get it.
But again you got to be motivated and all in or it won't happen. To many talkers and not enough do 'ers. Just trying to help with the dream.  when your ready offer stands. If not keep us updated.

held1823

this is now pinned to the top? lol
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

hemi-hampton

Yeah, Sacremento not far. I say send it to Moparsupremist. Sounds like he's saying it will be done in a few months for under $100k. Sounds good to me, go for it. :scratchchin:

ACUDANUT

Quote from: moparsupremist on February 01, 2015, 08:54:09 PM
Well we could talk about it in private but you gotta leave it somewhere if you want it done. Of course can show you plenty of cars done and let's face it , your only 10 hours away from your Daytona. Not across the country. Not sure that staying and helping would work out as its to hard to determine where we would be at when your ready. Things change daily and got to get in line. Giving us the job and letting us go on it would be best as we work well on our own pace which is above most people's pace. We don't talk, we do!  I'll leave it at that as most people don't believe what we get done in weeks. We don't take customer cars normally but I saw this as a challenge. All the cars done are mine until I find them a home.
First step getting it a roller. If you wanted to do rest to save money, I get it.
But again you got to be motivated and all in or it won't happen. To many talkers and not enough do 'ers. Just trying to help with the dream.  when your ready offer stands. If not keep us updated.

Homerr

I'd love to see this one done like mopar4don's Charger, step by step, in photos.  Anything less and there will be nothing but speculation, conspiracies, FUD, and endless poop flinging.  If it goes to a shop and just comes back in a few months as a body in white it'll be Lee1 all over again.

charger Downunder

Quote from: ACUDANUT on February 03, 2015, 12:07:35 AM

Must have went to a public school.

You feel good now
[/quote]

odcics2

Actually, your statement should read; "Must have gone to public school."   :Twocents:

Guess you went to a school that taught fairy tales, instead of proper grammar.    :nana:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

gtx6970

No matter how  its get repaired if at all. It'll be a rebody.
the only difference will be is,,,, the easy way ----or the hard way

Old Moparz

Quote from: odcics2 on February 03, 2015, 04:23:18 PM

Actually, your statement should read; "Must have gone to public school."   :Twocents:

Guess you went to a school that taught fairy tales, instead of proper grammar.    :nana:

:smilielol:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Nwcharger

Quote from: gtx6970 on February 03, 2015, 04:43:19 PM

I disagree. I think of it more as a resurrection than a rebody. I could have rebodyed it years ago, never posted anything about the car and keep it silent. I'm trying to make it public for everyone to see. I don't see any other Daytonas that have been severely wrecked and restored in the pubic eye. like that one that burned in the fire a few years ago with a few cars and there's nothing on how it was restored that I've seen yet.
1969 coronet wagon

Nwcharger

I know this post was not for me but I just wanted to say, I never went to a single day of high school and don't have a diploma or GED. Dropped out when I got my girlfriend pregnant at 14 and have worked full time since then.
1969 coronet wagon

JB400

Quote from: odcics2 on February 03, 2015, 04:23:18 PM
Well we could talk about it in private but you gotta leave it somewhere if you want it done. Of course can show you plenty of cars done and let's face it , your only 10 hours away from your Daytona. Not across the country. Not sure that staying and helping would work out as its to hard to determine where we would be at when your ready. Things change daily and got to get in line. Giving us the job and letting us go on it would be best as we work well on our own pace which is above most people's pace. We don't talk, we do!  I'll leave it at that as most people don't believe what we get done in weeks. We don't take customer cars normally but I saw this as a challenge. All the cars done are mine until I find them a home.
But again you got to be motivated and all in or it won't happen. To many talkers and not enough do 'ers. Just trying to help with the dream.  when your ready offer stands. If not keep us updated.

Actually, your both wrong.  The sentence lacks a subject.  This correction comes from someone with a diploma, back when a diploma actually meant something.

Can we return back to the subject, please?

gtx6970

Quote from: Nwcharger on February 03, 2015, 07:07:04 PM
Quote from: gtx6970 on February 03, 2015, 04:43:19 PM

I disagree. I think of it more as a resurrection than a rebody. I could have rebodyed it years ago, never posted anything about the car and keep it silent. I'm trying to make it public for everyone to see. I don't see any other Daytonas that have been severely wrecked and restored in the pubic eye. like that one that burned in the fire a few years ago with a few cars and there's nothing on how it was restored that I've seen yet.

NW,
I'm not trying pee on anyones parade. And I commend you to even think about tackling this car. And you can call it what ever you wish . Its your car.
  BUT, and this is MY opinion ......you can move the tag to another body OR build a jig around said tag and replace every piece of sheetmetal around it one by one.

The end result is the same 

Same goes for the burnt one seen earlier,,,

again my opinion and my opinion only

nascarxx29