News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

It used to be a 69 daytona

Started by nascarxx29, September 25, 2010, 07:14:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopar_man

I'm the guy who had the car in an envelope for over 20 yrs. Des went and got the remnants of the car from the ravine . I had the wing for many years and sold it to a good friend who happens to own a Hemi wing car . he sold it a few years later to somebody that was restoring another wing car .
Des acquired the items that I had and got the documentation from the original owner who is another good friend......he owned three wing cars here in Newfoundland.
Yes there is more to the car than the pics, I believe there is a usable firewall, inner splash pans , cross member and maybe some other pieces . I did not have the resources at the time to bring this car back to life. I have certainly seen worse rebuilt and now considered "original" cars. I sure hope  something is done to get another Daytona back on the street. Whatever it takes. I made the info public years ago Ie: vin number,  so that  a rebody would not be passed off as an original car. I believe Des has posted the vin and fender tag also. Now that  the numbers are well known  , it may keep it from being passed off as an "original" 30 yrs down the road when Des and I are long gone.......me anyway . 

moparstuart

Quote from: mopar_man on May 23, 2012, 05:54:35 AM
I'm the guy who had the car in an envelope for over 20 yrs. Des went and got the remnants of the car from the ravine . I had the wing for many years and sold it to a good friend who happens to own a Hemi wing car . he sold it a few years later to somebody that was restoring another wing car .
Des acquired the items that I had and got the documentation from the original owner who is another good friend......he owned three wing cars here in Newfoundland.
Yes there is more to the car than the pics, I believe there is a usable firewall, inner splash pans , cross member and maybe some other pieces . I did not have the resources at the time to bring this car back to life. I have certainly seen worse rebuilt and now considered "original" cars. I sure hope  something is done to get another Daytona back on the street. Whatever it takes. I made the info public years ago Ie: vin number,  so that  a rebody would not be passed off as an original car. I believe Des has posted the vin and fender tag also. Now that  the numbers are well known  , it may keep it from being passed off as an "original" 30 yrs down the road when Des and I are long gone.......me anyway . 
:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

gtx6970

Id buy Troys Daytona as opposed to trying to resurect this one,

In the long run, Troys car would A LOT cheaper.

hemi68charger

Quote from: gtx6970 on May 23, 2012, 12:40:19 PM

Talk about marketing !!!  Thanks Bill.................

PS:  Also, did you get my email about just going ahead and buying the bracket?
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

gtx6970

Quote from: hemi68charger on May 23, 2012, 01:04:25 PM

Talk about marketing !!!  Thanks Bill.................

PS:  Also, did you get my email about just going ahead and buying the bracket?

duh, yes,  :slap:
pm sent

Nwcharger

You may be right, the problem with me is I couldn't afford troys Daytona. if i could i would, but At least this way I can slowly spend the cash to put it together. I don't plan on any type of profit or reselling the car, Maybe I can get my kids involved and give them the mopar bug too. I think I was 12 when my dad gave me a 68 charger project for my first car. Mopars are the best.  :cheers:
1969 coronet wagon

charger_fan_4ever

I'd love to see pics of the other remains and the journey to put something together. I think it would be the biggest rebuild ever.

moparstuart

Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on May 23, 2012, 01:45:43 PM
I'd love to see pics of the other remains and the journey to put something together. I think it would be the biggest rebuild ever.
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

tsmithae

Check out my full thread and progress here.

http://www.1970chargerregistry.com/mboard/index.php?topic=119.0

Nwcharger

They are on a private photo bucket account. I'll contact Des and make sure it's ok to post some of the pics.
1969 coronet wagon

65post

Quote from: Nwcharger on May 23, 2012, 03:05:46 PM
They are on a private photo bucket account. I'll contact Des and make sure it's ok to post some of the pics.

:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:
Previously owned Daytona XX29L9B423239 - f8 - white int. - power windows.

Nwcharger

:2thumbs:
1969 coronet wagon

Nwcharger

1969 coronet wagon

Nwcharger

1969 coronet wagon

Nwcharger

the last 2 pics are a floor and right quarter panel from a 69 that was parted (not by me) years ago. they came with my 69 as extra pieces
1969 coronet wagon

69bronzeT5

Does anybody know how the car ended up in the ravine or was it posted and I missed it?! :scratchchin:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on May 25, 2012, 01:17:13 AM
Does anybody know how the car ended up in the ravine or was it posted and I missed it?! :scratchchin:

Gravity.........    :D
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

moparstuart

cool at least there is alot of it there

hemi68charger

Quote from: moparstuart on May 25, 2012, 06:40:31 AM
cool at least there is alot of it there

I need that floor pan for the 500 !!! 
Troy

ACUDANUT

I see nothing to save or repair the car.  :scratchchin:  I thought the car was red, but now I see green.??  Either way, there is nothing left on the bone.
Rebody will only get you into trouble.  :Twocents:

Nwcharger

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on May 25, 2012, 01:17:13 AM

The car was parked in a gravel pit along with a dozen other cars. Sometime in the mid 70s the town where the car was located decided to build a dam to fix flooding problems in the town. The location of the dam is where the cars where parked, so when the bulldozers arrived they pushed all the cars down the ravine to get them out of the way. What a bunch of a-holes. If it was me and I was told to get the cars moved I would have towed the daytona home instead of trashing it
1969 coronet wagon

DC_1

I hope you have good metal skills! :popcrn:

Nwcharger

Quote from: ACUDANUT on May 25, 2012, 09:19:27 AM
I see nothing to save or repair the car.  :scratchchin:  I thought the car was red, but now I see green.??  Either way, there is nothing left on the bone.
Rebody will only get you into trouble.  :Twocents:

The car had a few paint jobs its short life on the road. It's original color is T5. I have no plans for a rebody.
1969 coronet wagon

nascarxx29

Re: Canadian Daytona

« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2009, 12:55:2

Another lost T5 - black guts car..414627
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

charger_fan_4ever

Looks like AMD can't save this one as they don't make any of the inner framing of the 1/4's or roof/back window,door hinge pillars. Almost need to buy a 10-15K rust free shell and cut it up.

Since the plan is to rebuild it you'd need to start welding/joining off something original to the car that is solid, what original piece are you going to build off  of ?

The only thing that may be usable that i saw in the pics is the firewall. I also assume the top of the rad support with the vin # is long gone and i don't see any trunk gutters so that # must be long gone too.