News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

ID the part, please. I give up

Started by bull, September 21, 2010, 10:08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

I grabbed up a bunch of stuff today to take down to my friend's shop where I do a lot of media blasting and this thing got thrown in the mix. But after I got home and started sorting it all out I just couldn't remember what this thing was and where it was used. Looks to me like a firewall item but... :shruggy:

Here's three pics; two of both sides and one with the gasket that was originally on it. IIRC there was another small round gasket stuck to it too.

gasoline_24

This is the backing plate for the master cylinder.  It looks like a manual plate, but not sure on that.

stripedelete

bull

That's what I started thinking after I posted. Thanks. No booster on my car - manual brakes. :2thumbs:

b5blue

Manual brake reinforcement plate, power has round hole, 1st pic is upside down.  :2thumbs:  FYI you should have a retainer/boot holder that screws into the back of the master cylinder that loosely matches the shape of that hole. I can post pics later if you need them.

doctor4766

Quote from: b5blue on September 22, 2010, 05:43:40 AM
Manual brake reinforcement plate, power has round hole, 1st pic is upside down.  :2thumbs:  FYI you should have a retainer/boot holder that screws into the back of the master cylinder that loosely matches the shape of that hole. I can post pics later if you need them.

Agreed
Gotta love a '69

elacruze

Here it is.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

bull

Great, thanks.  :2thumbs:

Now, where does one get new firewall gaskets?

bull

Quote from: b5blue on September 22, 2010, 05:43:40 AM

Yea, I would like a pic or two if you don't mind. Thanks.

RD

67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

b5blue

Pics of parts.....

b5blue

1st pic is most of the parts, the tiny bushing holds the push rod inside the master cylinders plunger, I got it from Mancini. 2nd pic is the retainer/boot holder mounted. 3rd pic is master mounting studs and retainer screws. The retainer screws I used could have been dome topped or hex but I got ones like the one that's used for power brakes before I found the retainer/boot holder and thought they might be countersunk flush. (There not, the hole allows for any kind of screw.) The studs will tap fit into the master cylinder mounting holes easily, I thought I may need to pull them on with the nuts but they barely hold on, I had to clamp them with mini vise grips to tighten them all the way.

Troy

Quote from: bull on September 22, 2010, 10:53:13 PM
Great, thanks.  :2thumbs:

That link above if for Detroit Muscle Technologies. Check out all the neat stuff they have!

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

bull

Quote from: b5blue on September 29, 2010, 06:18:39 PM
1st pic is most of the parts, the tiny bushing holds the push rod inside the master cylinders plunger, I got it from Mancini. 2nd pic is the retainer/boot holder mounted. 3rd pic is master mounting studs and retainer screws. The retainer screws I used could have been dome topped or hex but I got ones like the one that's used for power brakes before I found the retainer/boot holder and thought they might be countersunk flush. (There not, the hole allows for any kind of screw.) The studs will tap fit into the master cylinder mounting holes easily, I thought I may need to pull them on with the nuts but they barely hold on, I had to clamp them with mini vise grips to tighten them all the way.

Thanks. :cheers: Although that retainer/boot holder you mentioned earlier might be a problem. I don't recall seeing that item so I'll have to do an attic search. IIRC I saved my original master with my front drums in a box up there.

Quote from: Troy on September 30, 2010, 09:22:00 AM
Quote from: bull on September 22, 2010, 10:53:13 PM
Great, thanks.  :2thumbs:

That link above if for Detroit Muscle Technologies. Check out all the neat stuff they have!

Troy

They have a lot of good stuff and I've used them before (heater box kit) but for some reason I didn't think of them this time. Brainfart I guess.

b5blue

I made my own out of thin packing foam, I work in shipping/receiving and get tons of it, it looks identical to the material they use to make gaskets. Want some? 

bull

I was talking about the metal thing screwed to the back of the master cyl. Is that what you're talking about?

b5blue

I meant the white gaskets are what I made.  :icon_smile_big: