News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Grill spacer kit... 1968

Started by MTPOCKET, October 09, 2010, 11:51:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MTPOCKET

Hello just purchase a grill spacer kit need to know in what order does the spacer kit fit. It has 6 pieces. Just don't remember how the pieces fit. Can't find it in the services manual either.. Thanks for your help..

Brock Lee

It has been a while since I did one, but I believe it goes from tallest spacers on the ends to thinnest at the centers. You will have a top and bottom piece that snaps together with a washer of differing thickness that goes between. The top piece goes into the top of the grille support, the spacer and bottom piece are snapped on from the bottom side. Then the screw/bolt goes through the whole deal into a clip in the grille itself.

MTPOCKET

Thanks Brock here is a picture of the spacers all 4 of them. One is a soft sponge washer one is a plastic spacer and another a plastic retainer washer and last one has a metal sleeve in it. Here is a picture of all 4 of them. Just need a order of installation. I am just confused on the sponge washer and were it goes don't remember removing one. And thanks. :shruggy:

Brock Lee

I never had a sponge type. Just various thickness hard plastic ones. I think I had to recycle the thinnest ones as the kit I bought substituted them with something wrong. I did another since and that had all the right thicknesses.