News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Do the X-pipes sound as good as the H-pipes?

Started by bull, December 25, 2005, 11:15:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smoke20

I'm not sure about the "sound" of an X pipe vs. an H pipe, but I understand that an improperly installed H pipe can hurt your performance rather than help it.

FWIW, I will get an X pipe when I do my exhaust.
Kevin
It's MoPar or No Car!  :drive:

'69 Dodge Charger - Black primer
01 Dodge Intrepid R/T 3.5L Magnum V6 36K
05 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT Inferno Red, Loaded

ChargerBill

A vacuum is created where the two sides flow together at the X . The reason for this is because pressure is increased as the two chambers of fumes are forced together just before the apex of the X and to escape the incresing pressure they flow faster toward the backside (low pressure side) of the X where pressure is less...causing a vacuum effect. This vacuum creates a scavenging effect at the cylinder head/valve where spent exhaust is expelled at a faster rate, and has the effect of more efficiently and completely filling the combustion chamber because spent fumes are no longer an obstacle to the replacement in the chamber of a fresh combustable air/fuel mix. The H-pipe does not create this scavenging effect, and though it may balance the chambers somewhat, it does not offer the significant power increase that the X-pipe does.
Life is a highway...