News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

It's finally home!!!

Started by richRTSE, July 27, 2009, 09:35:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UFO

Congrats on the purchase. :2thumbs:
Regarding wheel covers or dog dish caps.
There should be two digits under the wheel cover space.Involves the part number not a sales code.
You will need a parts book(or ask here) to crack it.

69_500

Quote from: richRTSE on July 27, 2009, 10:08:00 AM
Quote from: PocketThunder on July 27, 2009, 10:02:25 AM
:2thumbs:  Ya buddy!

See if you can dig around the marker light area in the quarter panels and find some left over stripe material to determine the color, thats how i found out my stripe color.  Or would it say on the build sheet?   :shruggy:

Paul

Unfortunately, both quarters have been replaced, and the decklid. The rear side markers are original, but it looks like copper under the black paint. I don't think the side markers got matched to the stripes, at least not on early (Sept 29th) cars.

In my looking at cars it seems to be hit or miss on the whole bezels as far as 500's are concerned. Of the dozen unrestored 500's I've looked at 9 had bezels painted body color, while 3 had them stripe color like they should have been. As far as restored cars go its really up to the owner. No one can prove that it had the bezels one way or the other once you restore it, unless they knew the car before hand. My car 224393 has them body color not stripe color. And once I actually get around to it and redo the car they will remain body color.

hotrod98

Quote from: EMF on July 27, 2009, 04:59:19 PM
Wondering how much was the purchase price of the c500. Trying to get idea of what to put mine up for sale along with all the other stuff I have. Seems I will never get to restoring any of them. I need to get pictures taken and a complete list to post all info.

Make me a deal and I'll buy it, slap a nose and wing on it and call it done.
Wadda you wanna bet that he refuses to sell me the car.  ;D

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

richRTSE

UFO, the wheel cover code is 89. And Troy, the radiator code is 53.

Started digging through some of the boxes of parts last night. I found all of the grill brackets that I figured were missing. :2thumbs: Also found the original rubber edging for the headlight bezel fillers. They are pretty hard though, anything I can soak them in to soften them back up? Also found the hood release, what might be the original carb, and the black button door handles. Boxes of bolts, the bumper brackets, new exhaust tips still in the boxes, etc, and a few things I haven't figured out what they are yet. :scratchchin:

So now I have 2 cars in pieces...guess I better start to get organized.

Dave Kanofsky

"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

hemi68charger

Quote from: richRTSE on July 28, 2009, 07:50:48 AM
... And Troy, the radiator code is 53.

What is the radiator that's in your car now? You might be able to sell it to get the 22"....... Maybe not if it's a c-body rad...........
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

tyly

congrats  :cheers:

I try buy this car too. I emailing few days with Ed.
  My friend in Timmonsville SC call to Ed monday morning, and he say we take the car and he comes in evening and pay it, but Ed call back soon, and say, car is sold, I´m really sorry  :brickwall:

I am not sure, but in Northern is only one c500, in Sweden, standing long time in garage and  bad condition.
Plymouth Superbird 440 six-pack, 4-speed, 15000 miles
Dodge Charger -70 RT/SE Hemi
Dodge Challenger convertible -70 6.4 SRT HEMI

http://tyly.kuvat.fi/

moparchris

Congats  :cheers: on your C500, I'm sure you will enjoy putting it back togather.  The 53 code on your broadcast sheet corrosponds to the last 2 digits of the radiator part number.  Look in a part number book to cross reference so you can score the correct number radiator.  I believe the W25 code for your wheels is for the 14" road wheel (the 5 spoke magnum 500 style).

UFO

89= dog dish hub caps.
053= rad 2949053.

472 R/T SE

Quote from: UFO on July 28, 2009, 05:51:20 PM
89= dog dish hub caps.
053= rad 2949053.

And that's a 22"er.  

The W25 H.D. wheels, are those the same wheels that are put on the A12 cars, the "H" stamped wheels?

Congrats on the score.   :2thumbs:  What are your plans, factory correct resto or personalize like your black car?

paironines

I think you got a really good buy. I would have bought it too. Now if I could just find a similarly priced one....

UFO

The W25 H.D. wheels, are those the same wheels that are put on the A12 cars, the "H" stamped wheels?

I doubt it.T82 is F70x14 white line tires.I think the "H" wheels were 15" only.
Note line 4 the rims were painted T5.

richRTSE

Quote from: UFO on July 28, 2009, 05:51:20 PM
89= dog dish hub caps.
053= rad 2949053.

Thanks UFO.

Troy, there's a 3443 951 radiator in there now. I think Ghoste said it was a '71 C-body 383 with A/C. I may just use it in my other car that needs a 26".

472 R/T SE, right now I'm thinking pretty stock on the resto(except for maybe the white line tires  :eek2:). I have a '70 Charger I was planning on making into either a C500 or Daytona clone, which I already have most of the parts for. If I can find it in my budget, I'd like to restore this car and build a C500 clone (440/4-speed/Dana maybe). I can use the clone to practice my resto skills on. LOL.

And if I have to sell something, I think now that I have a real 500, I could probably cope with selling my R/T.

sunroofgtx

Rich, I am so pumped up for you. Thanks for letting me in on the secret. I literally got goosebumps when I saw the 500 in his garage. It's awesome. Love the T5 w/ white stripe as well.

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: richRTSE on July 28, 2009, 07:50:48 AM
UFO, the wheel cover code is 89. And Troy, the radiator code is 53.

Started digging through some of the boxes of parts last night. I found all of the grill brackets that I figured were missing. :2thumbs: Also found the original rubber edging for the headlight bezel fillers. They are pretty hard though, anything I can soak them in to soften them back up? Also found the hood release, what might be the original carb, and the black button door handles. Boxes of bolts, the bumper brackets, new exhaust tips still in the boxes, etc, and a few things I haven't figured out what they are yet. :scratchchin:

So now I have 2 cars in pieces...guess I better start to get organized.

WOW that build sheet is near spotless, good deal :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser