News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Charger procharger

Started by XS29LA47V21, October 31, 2011, 02:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XS29LA47V21

Maybe I post this in the wrong spot originally.  

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,85790.0.html

Curious to talk to someone who has a procharger in their 69 Charger on a 440 with regards to engine compartment spacing, 4spd vs auto and driveability.  Not interesting in cutting on my car or any modification to the hood, will they fit?  

"Really" how reliable are they compared to the normally aspirated norm... stroker or other?

Cooter

I think JB666 has one on his GL..Biggest kick on the nads is that $1200.00 BLow though carb.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

XS29LA47V21

:eek2:  I think it will all be pricy....welcome to our hobby

thanks for the referral.

jb666

Quote from: Cooter on October 31, 2011, 07:42:15 PM
I think JB666 has one on his GL..Biggest kick on the nads is that $1200.00 BLow though carb.

YEAH IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's an incredible carb. Total jewelry sitting up there.. But the cost? Wow.. And , after 50 miles, when I sold mine for $600, you guessed it, I took a bath....  :slap:

Anyways, yes, I'm running a ProCharger D1SC.. All I can say is AMAZZZZZZZZZING. The power is absolutely mind blowing...

BUT, like a turbo, you have to spool this bad boy up..  I can blow the tires off the car at 55MPH, or cruise down the highway like a normal person... 

I have yet to run it at the track. Meant to, this year, but never got the driveshaft loop, cut off switch or hoops for the harnesses installed... There's always next year.

We just put a Kenne Belle on the wife's Stang and that thing rocks from idle..

There's pros and cons to each system.. I love mine because it was the only setup that 100% fit under my hood..

XS29LA47V21

Quote from: jb666 on November 01, 2011, 05:38:55 PM

It's an incredible carb. Total jewelry sitting up there.. But the cost? Wow.. And , after 50 miles, when I sold mine for $600, you guessed it, I took a bath....  :slap:

Anyways, yes, I'm running a ProCharger D1SC.. All I can say is AMAZZZZZZZZZING. The power is absolutely mind blowing...

BUT, like a turbo, you have to spool this bad boy up..  I can blow the tires off the car at 55MPH, or cruise down the highway like a normal person... 

I have yet to run it at the track. Meant to, this year, but never got the driveshaft loop, cut off switch or hoops for the harnesses installed... There's always next year.

There's pros and cons to each system.. I love mine because it was the only setup that 100% fit under my hood..

Just PM'd you my number, heading out the door here, call if you do not mind and talk? 

jb666

Quote from: XS29LA47V21 on November 01, 2011, 05:46:14 PM
Quote from: jb666 on November 01, 2011, 05:38:55 PM

Just PM'd you my number, heading out the door here, call if you do not mind and talk? 

You've got it. On my way out to dinner.... I don't like calling people too late, so it'll probably be tomorrow if that's ok.  :2thumbs: