News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

headrest install on bucket seat 68 Charger

Started by grease monkey, October 20, 2010, 08:53:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grease monkey

Hi,
Does anyone know how do you go about installing headrests on a non headrest bucket seat in an 68 Charger.

Will it be enough removing the back plate of the seat to do the job.
I have the headrests and also the mounting kit

regards
Rob
Let the pigs fly

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

grease monkey

Let the pigs fly

grease monkey

Let the pigs fly

68 RT

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: 68 RT on October 20, 2010, 10:04:17 AM
You will need to remove the seat cover.

Yes, you have to have free acces to the frame. I used that kit and it works and looks great.

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

twodko

FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: grease monkey on October 20, 2010, 10:01:30 AM
mounting kit comes from : PG Classic : http://moparplus.com/product_info.php?products_id=590

Interesting! So what else is needed? Headrests from any 1969? Any in particular, or do they all interchange?

Thanks  :cheers:

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

grease monkey

So I did it,
You have to take EVERYTHING off, the vinyl and the foam. It will else not be possible. The headrest set and mounting kit from PG Classic (www.moparplus.com) just fits perfect and is very easy to install.All holes are already drilled in the metal seat form.

See the pics :

regards from Luxembourg
Robert
Let the pigs fly

doctor4766

Good work grease monkey.

While we're on the subject of headrests can anyone who has factory headrests give me some measurements for:
a: Centre to centre of the rods that hold the headrest into the seat
b: The diameter of the rods

I have non genuine seats with headrests but would like to install the correct style of headrest and wondered whether I might just fluke it with the measurements.
Gotta love a '69

RIDELIKEHELL

I also ordered this kit from PG and plan on doing it here soon so thanks in advance :cheers:
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73