News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How do I measure the Rear?

Started by sixpack_sid, October 21, 2010, 11:37:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixpack_sid

I have a 68 Charger that I bought as a shell. I am putting in  a 440 eng & tranny from a 77 New Yorker. I am looking for a driveshaft to fit. The yolk at the U-joint is 3 & 7/8 from outside to outside. My question is how do I tell what rear I have?
I want to be sure I buy the right drive shaft.
Thanks,
Sid
I have seen evil! I have seen horror!
I have seen the unholy maggots which feast in the dark recesses of the human soul!
I have seen all this. But until today, I have never seen such a pain in the ars car like this 68 Charger!

FLG

FLG

Just saw your other thread, you just need to know what kind of U-Joint you need correct?

7260 Inside span of 2 1/8

7290 Inside span of 2 5/8

sixpack_sid

Quote from: FLG on October 21, 2010, 11:43:56 AM

That any help?

That answers my question-I have the 8 & 3/4.
Thank you!
I have seen the unholy maggots which feast in the dark recesses of the human soul!
I have seen all this. But until today, I have never seen such a pain in the ars car like this 68 Charger!

Chatt69chgr

And I think your driveshaft length will be 52.07 inches from centerline of axle flange to centerline of slip joint flange.  (I've seen the figure 52-1/4 inches on other posts).  Either would be OK.

sixpack_sid

Quote from: Chatt69chgr on October 24, 2010, 09:10:39 PM
And I think your driveshaft length will be 52.07 inches from centerline of axle flange to centerline of slip joint flange.  (I've seen the figure 52-1/4 inches on other posts).  Either would be OK.

Thanks! That was another question on my mind!

doctor4766

Quote from: sixpack_sid on October 21, 2010, 08:37:10 PM
Quote from: FLG on October 21, 2010, 11:43:56 AM

That any help?

That answers my question-I have the 8 & 3/4.
Thank you!

Mine looks like the 8 3/4 in that pic but there was a tag attached that said 8 1/4.
Doesn't look anything like that 8 1/4 casing. What gives?
Gotta love a '69