News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

TALLADEGA 2014!

Started by Mopar John, November 02, 2010, 04:55:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mopar John

Well folks it's time for my annual bump for this is Talladega weekend! Now we are over half way to the next reunion in 2014!
Prices are down so nows the time to grab that AERO car and join us. If you have a project it is time to get moving and get it done!

By the way my favorite driver Brad Keselowski is LEADING the chase for the championship in one of the 2 Dodges in their last year!
Mopar John

hemi68charger

I'm looking forward.. It should be a blast !!!  :2thumbs:

And double  :2thumbs: For Penske Racing.........
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

1970Moparmann

This will my goal time to drive my future aero car. :2thumbs:  I need to get working on it! :2thumbs:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

hemi68charger

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on October 06, 2012, 09:26:26 AM
This will my goal time to drive my future aero car. :2thumbs:  I need to get working on it! :2thumbs:

I got one.........  :icon_smile_wink:
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

70EK2Bird

I am planning on going done.  Will be great to spend the time with everyone and see the Welborn museum. 

moparstuart

Quote from: 70EK2Bird on October 06, 2012, 08:48:59 PM
I am planning on going done.  Will be great to spend the time with everyone and see the Welborn museum.  
:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: never been have tried hard but best laid plans
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Dave Kanofsky

"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

Bob T

A friend of mine here who went to the last one mentioned this today while we were looking at his Daytona, I think maybe its time to start putting the $$ away for this one of the bucket list trips  :yesnod:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Hoser2455

I'm in hopefully.  I should have my car done by then.

SBBob

That would be another great trip - did it in 1999.  From Seattle to Bama and back in 2 weeks.  A CAR SHOW everyday!
Superbird Bob - 426 Hemi, 4 Speed, 3.54 Track Pack

440mop

Gonna try and get there, don't know about taking the car again though! not sure I will be able to cope with the stress of trying to get it through Customs.
John
440 4spd Daytona - Sold
Auckland New Zealand

pettybird

maybe we'll bring something other than the B5 car  ;)

70Sbird

Well, that only gives me 2 years to get my car up and running again...It's been down for almost two years now!
:brickwall: :brickwall:

Scott Faulkner

moparstuart

Quote from: 70Sbird on October 08, 2012, 03:25:56 PM
Well, that only gives me 2 years to get my car up and running again...It's been down for almost two years now!
:brickwall: :brickwall:
you will get it going again and then have it broken again by that time  . :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

hemi68charger

Quote from: pettybird on October 08, 2012, 09:18:41 AM

No kidding !!!!   

Well, that's the pot calling the kettle black... I'll probably have the Daytona again............... Maybe with a different motor though...........  :icon_smile_big:
Troy

Mopar John

Glad to see all the folks with interest in trying to make 2014! Yesterday I was still on midnights and woke up with about 20 laps to go in the race. So I had time to watch it live before heading off to work. It gets down to the last lap and Brad is 16th to 18th and the big one happens on the last turn of the last lap! Cars and smoke everywhere and all of a sudden the Miller #2 drops down into the grass and drives to the finish in 7th place! Brad hangs onto the points lead and put a little more room between himself and Jimmie Johnson! WOW!
Keep your fingers crossed Mopar Nation! It's our last chance maybe forever to win the championship!
MJ

70EK2Bird

For those that have been there before can you provide some details on what to expect?

What activities are setup?

How many days do most people show up for?

Do we go to the race on Sunday?

Thanks for the details.  Need to start thinking about the planning.

hemi68charger

Quote from: 70EK2Bird on October 09, 2012, 11:50:34 AM
For those that have been there before can you provide some details on what to expect?

Usually a nice BBQ at Tim's house or his Garage-mahal, maybe a cruise over to the local Sonic and then, usually, spend Sat. and Sunday at the track. Sat. was at the museum on location, Sunday was out by the track.

I'm usually there for 4

You can, I did

Thanks for the details.  Need to start thinking about the planning.

Over all, it is a GREAT weekend, even if it rains...
Troy

Dave Kanofsky

Quote from: 70EK2Bird on October 09, 2012, 11:50:34 AM

Thanks for the details.  Need to start thinking about the planning.

Hey Pat,

I've been there three times, so has Bruce, Spirakes, and Joanne.  We can tell you all about it at the next club meeting.  It was a life changing experience everytime.
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

Ghoste

That opening pic in the thread with the aero cars lined up in front of the Talladega sign is so cool.  Good chance I won't have an aero car by the time of the 45th but getting there to see the event is still on the list.  Need to see the Welborn display too.

moparstuart

Quote from: Ghoste on October 09, 2012, 12:42:19 PM
That opening pic in the thread with the aero cars lined up in front of the Talladega sign is so cool.  Good chance I won't have an aero car by the time of the 45th but getting there to see the event is still on the list.  Need to see the Welborn display too.
just dont let anyone see you

Ghoste

You'll never even know I was there. :icon_smile_big:

moparstuart

Quote from: Ghoste on October 09, 2012, 01:24:55 PM
You'll never even know I was there. :icon_smile_big:
im just the opposite  if i'm there everyone will know it   ;D

pettybird

Quote from: hemi68charger on October 08, 2012, 04:23:53 PM
Quote from: pettybird on October 08, 2012, 09:18:41 AM

No kidding !!!!   

Well, that's the pot calling the kettle black... I'll probably have the Daytona again............... Maybe with a different motor though...........  :icon_smile_big:

I don't feel like driving the petty car all the way down there--the motor's never been gone through and when i put a cam in it as a teenager (they make the car go faster all by themselves when you're that age) there was deterioration of the cam bearings.  If I get the motor rebuilt in the next couple years I'd consider it, but that's not likely. 

I could and SHOULD bring Marty, but it's just not the same as the 'birds.  It's like we're leaving a family member at home when we take just that car...

69_500

Doug I think you guys should bring the green Daytona instead. I mean you have 2 years to get it up and going.