News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What is it? DP4B question

Started by bull, November 06, 2010, 11:33:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenpigs

Quote from: bull on November 09, 2010, 09:20:18 PM
Quote from: Manifold on November 09, 2010, 05:35:57 PM
X2 for the RTV on the ends and leave the rest dry. Only the pan as well - no paper gaskets for the ports.

I'll probably go this route 'cause I like livin' on the edge. :musik010: One other thing I just thought of; I painted the valley pan (all of the top) with a good, quality acrylic enamel. Is that going to cause any problems?

You didn't paint were the gaskets are suposed to go..right? I just paint the pan after it is installed as you can only see some of it. Like most everyone else I just use RTV on the ends & skip the intake gaskets.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

bull

Quote from: greenpigs on November 11, 2010, 12:09:13 AM
You didn't paint were the gaskets are suposed to go..right? I just paint the pan after it is installed as you can only see some of it. Like most everyone else I just use RTV on the ends & skip the intake gaskets.

Yes, all of the top side of the pan got painted but the bottom is bare metal. I'm not going to worry about it. I put a very thin layer of Hylomar on both sides of the pan and on the heads and intake around each port and torqued the bolts to 50 ft. lbs.

elacruze

Quote from: bull on November 11, 2010, 02:26:22 AM
Yes, all of the top side of the pan got painted but the bottom is bare metal. I'm not going to worry about it. I put a very thin layer of Hylomar on both sides of the pan and on the heads and intake around each port and torqued the bolts to 50 ft. lbs.
:cheers:
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.