News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

how do you soften old wiring?

Started by E5 Charger, October 30, 2010, 11:32:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The70RT

Quote from: E5 Charger on November 08, 2010, 07:36:07 PM
Thanks for all the advice. Wow 625 views! Obviously a lot of people are interested in this. I didn't realize you could buy the harness, I thought it was the wires running through the interior and through the interior and not at the lights with the sockets. I am afraid to remove the old sockets, I'm sure the plastic housing will break. I wonder if you cut through the metal behind the socket, if you could then separate them without too much stress on the plastic? This car is a long way from being done, so I have a lot of time to think about what I will do. Thanks again.

Yeah I had some like that and they were seized big time. I put some penetrate on it and waited a few days and then ended up using a dremel tool and cut the sockets as close as I could then just crushed the remaining ring with pliers.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

PatrickPeeters

Most cars have 40 year old wiring....guess most owners are searching for a good solution....
Patrick  :punkrocka: