News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What is the most iconic Charger, EVER?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, November 12, 2010, 08:01:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is the most iconic Charger, EVER?

General Lee
77 (65.8%)
Bullitt Charger
34 (29.1%)
Dirty Mary/Crazy Larry
5 (4.3%)
Burn Notice
0 (0%)
68 from Christine
0 (0%)
...see my response for another
1 (0.9%)
Fast and Furious Charger
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 117

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

What is the most iconic Charger, EVER?  :popcrn:

1. General Lee
2. Bullitt
3. Dirty Mary/Crazy Larry
4. Burn Notice
5. Blue 68 from Christine
6. Your choice in your response...

472 R/T SE

Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on November 12, 2010, 08:01:20 PM

1. General Lee
2. Bullitt
4. Burn Notice

Curious, is your last name Reeves?

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on November 12, 2010, 08:03:17 PM

1. General Lee
2. Bullitt
4. Burn Notice

Huh???

DC_1

I would have to say the General Lee. Of all the Chargers to appear in movies it is the most recognizable today and could be easily identified by people who are not even car buffs. Not my personal fav on the list but I think it wins hands down.

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

...another way to look at this - ask your kids what car THEY know about...

Mine know the General Lee and Burn Notice cars. May know about the blue Charger in Christine. But the GL is the one they know by name...

Brass

Not sure if it matters but there is also Blade's Charger.

Brock Samson

hasn't this all been done before, new guys come on here and try to reinvent the wheel without ever checking for old threads that have covered these DOH subjects sometimes several times even dozens of times before, talk about a loaded question!
Welcome to the site and It's fun to starta thread and all but *%^!  :brickwall:

oh, 'n by the way...

What is the most iconic Charger, EVER?  :popcrn:

1. General Lee
2. Bullitt
4. Burn Notice

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,69638.0.html

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,69540.0.html

bull

Uh-oh. The Thread Redundancy Task Force Czar has chosen his next quarry. :o And he's using his preferred weapon; the dreaded, scrolling text.

MoparManJim

Quote from: Brock Samson on November 12, 2010, 09:30:58 PM
hasn't this all been done before, new guys come on here and try to reinvent the wheel without ever checking for old threads that have covered these DOH subjects sometimes several times even dozens of times before, talk about a loaded question!
Welcome to the site and It's fun to starta thread and all but *%^!  :brickwall:

oh, 'n by the way...

What is the most iconic Charger, EVER?  :popcrn:

1. General Lee
2. Bullitt
4. Burn Notice

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,69638.0.html

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,69540.0.html

what good is a forum... if a member at times can't have alittle fun an post something that might have been already posted once before.. is there any rules somewhere that says it's forbidden to?  :lol:

Ghoste

Brock Samson

that the point is missed is duly noted...  :slap:

tan top

Quote from: Ghoste on November 13, 2010, 12:30:19 AM
For mw it's the DMCL Charger.

:yesnod: yep for me too !! :drool5:

but  dare say  its going to be the DOH charger for most & prolly Bullitt next !!
:o just looked at the voting !! after i typed this  :o
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Charger-Bodie

The General Lee is obviously the most iconic.....Not my favorite but most recognized.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: Brock Samson on November 13, 2010, 10:52:29 AM

that the point is missed is duly noted...  :slap:
:o

Relax, it's only the internet...  :cheers:  :nana:

sparkybr74mr

I grew up watching the Dukes on tv. Everyone had a little GL toy here and had sweet dreams of Daisy including myself, but one of the first cars that ever stuck me was the Dirty Mary Crazy Larry Charger. I Loved that movie and would stay up late past my bedtime to try and catch it on HBO. I always wanted that car and just recently stayed up late the other night and caught it again on one of the movie chanels (never gets old). I don't mind these posts even if they may be repeated.

Belgium R/T -68

When I would put that question overhere the answer would be: "the one with the wing breaking  all
the speedrecords".

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

The70RT

Yeah loaded question. Charger or Chargers....I guess you can say the General Lee'sssssssssssssss since they used a million of them. On the show you was suppose  to think all was only one.  I say the Bullet or DMCL since they only used a couple in each show. I agree why so many  GL threads.....pretty soon there will be a thread on the most popular color for a Charger and then it will fall back to a GL thread AGAIN  :eyes: I'm glad they weren't b5 blue!!!
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Khyron

had to put Lee as #1

we all know my favorate though ;)

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Silver R/T

You guys are forgetting about Ricy and Furious movies. Watch 5th one as Vin Dizzlo wrecks another one lol
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Khyron

we didn't forget them, we just tuned it out of our memory ;)

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Brock Samson

yeah and the death proof and soon the Drive A. movie to, but too compare a movie charger with one that was on TV every wreck for the last 30 years or whatever is pretty much an apples Vs. oranges thing.

or am I the only one who thought of that?..  :shruggy:

Hud

yeah but at least the fast and furious threw in a mopar first, before the following movies with a chevelle.  Nonsense. and even though they continuously get wrecked it doesnt even slightly compare to the number of chargers that bo and luke went through.  Furthermore people like my little brother that never new old school mopar and just got his license (yeah a big age gap) are introduced to true muscle and design.  You have to give it to the rice burning flicks for introducing a whole new era of led feet to the classics.
1971 Plymouth Barracuda, 1973 Jeep CJ6, 2011 Chevy Silverado LTZ, 2012, 2012 Harley Davidson Street-Bob, Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

Brock Samson

Hud

hehe you know its true, gotta leave it to hollywood to get anyone of their nintendos these days.  If fast and homo gets them out of the house good on em.
1971 Plymouth Barracuda, 1973 Jeep CJ6, 2011 Chevy Silverado LTZ, 2012, 2012 Harley Davidson Street-Bob, Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: Silver R/T on November 13, 2010, 03:12:19 PM
You guys are forgetting about Ricy and Furious movies. Watch 5th one as Vin Dizzlo wrecks another one lol

Added to the choices  :cheers:

694spdRT

Like it or not the General Lee is probably the most iconic car ever. People that are not even into cars know the General and wouldn't recognize anything else on the list.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

xx29440charger

Sabre

The General Lee wins this easily.  It was shown once a week for one hour for seven years straight.  Not to mention the merchandise, reruns in syndication for years after the shows original run, reunion movies, videogames, car mags, and the 2005 movie.  No other Chager shown on tv or in a movie can match that.

DC_1

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 694spdRT on November 14, 2010, 10:52:29 AM
Like it or not the General Lee is probably the most iconic car ever. People that are not even into cars know the General and wouldn't recognize anything else on the list.
One reason may be because it's closer to our time right now, only a few decades back.  Also the bullitt was a movie whereas the GL was a series for years and a movie.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

TeeWJay426

Obvious answer is the General Lee. My personal favorite however is the Big Fish '66.... (us first gen guys are sadly outnumbered)
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

aone415

The Most Iconic Charger... is the one you get to drive!

This Charger right here is a one of none, that means none before it, none to come.

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

learical1

Now that I've had a chance to think about it, the only Charger(s) that might come close to the General Lee would be the 73-74 STP Charger as driven by Richard Petty.  Ran 73-77, one year longer than it should have.  Won 37 races, including 2 Daytona 500's and 2 Winston Cup Championships.
Bruce

70charginglizard

this must be a trick question to make us all admit we like the general. lol

agreed it's the most iconic but its not my favorite. I'd have to go with Denis's blue 68 with the black top on that because there was one just like it that I had to walk by when growing up that spiked my interested at a very early age and started my passion.
70charginglizard

Ghoste

Saying it's iconic to others and saying you like it personally are two different things.