News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

brake booster

Started by 66chargertoy, November 20, 2010, 11:23:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

66chargertoy

Soooo, here we go again with a brake upgrade/switch/do better/thingamagig question  :scratchchin:. I have already changed my front brakes to disc and installed a new master cylinder . Got the front brake assembly from some local mopar enthusiast that came off a 68 charger, supposedly. Maybe from the pics someone could confirm this or give me a better idea of what year it came off . Also, I purchased a rebuilt M/C that is listed for a 73 charger with manual disc brakes. It all works much better than the original drum brakes, but would like to upgrade to power brakes. Question is, what power booster would I need to buy in order to fit with this combination. Would this booster from A1Cardone http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180573707606&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT do the trick. And it looks like I need to change under the dash where the brake pedal and rod meet with some sort of leverage :shruggy:. Also, I want to change my left rear tire studs to right hand thread so it matches all the other wheels, so is there a part number or size I need to know before going to the local parts store, or order from someone on E-Bay. Charger is a 1966.
Thank you for your time. :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:
Denis
1966 440 Charger