News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Minding my own bussiness

Started by flyinlow, November 16, 2010, 01:34:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flyinlow

Quote from: SRT-440 on November 17, 2010, 10:56:06 AM
:

They won't ban muscle cars in my life time so I'm not worried about it.

I hope you are right. I would like to think that the science and economics of an issue would make the decisions. However you see so many examples of uneducated people and politicians making decisions using soundbite wisdom. There is a Bill in the Ohio legislature that could severely restrict classic car and hotrods as the result of some idiots killing a bystander while street racing.

Ghoste

I wouldn't be too sure about them not getting banned.  There is a very vocal crew of do gooders out to save the world and save you from yourself.  They are organized and active and absolutely dedicated to their new world order.  The other card is that they are very good at feeding the press machine and poor baby seals make for a waaaaaay better story than your cars et.  The public don't generally see the harm in what the green crowd are trying to do.

terrible one

Banned? No. "Carbon taxed" by the mile or some bullshit like that is more like it. All in an effort to "encourage" the use of more efficient vehicles  :eyes: I really don't think that gasoline/ oil is going anywhere quick though . . . we will just be punished financially instead. I hate hearing all this shit about gasoline being phased out in 10 years and blah blah . . . we've only touched on cars. What about agricultural equipment, 18 wheelers, planes, boats, motocross . . . the list goes on and on.

Troy

I have never run into someone with enough guts to say something to me personally. I have found that people on the far ends of any divisive issue are rarely willing to actually listen to valid points made by "the other side" so it's pointless to continue to try to have a civil discussion.  However, doing burnouts, revving the engine, or stooping even lower than their level to be rude only enforces their opinions about you and your car being hell bent on destroying the planet.

I really don't care what anyone drives as long as they stay the heck out of my way. :D

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Brock Samson

I hear and sometimes detect negative vibes from folks,.. Not too often but sometimes folks have their chosen windmills they are gunning for and folks just have a case of the Mondays and wanna spread their 'O so Holier than thou condemnation around, and in a case like that it says far more about them than you... You were right to brush her off she's worth any effort. Enjoy your life.

Khyron

Quote from: 69rtse4spd on November 16, 2010, 04:05:19 PM
Smoky burn out gets them all the time. :drive:

that was my answer to the last one that gave me crap.... asked them how they liked that "Carbon Footprint" ;-)

but then again, im an a$$hole :D

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

twodko

These are the same self righteous, arrogant, self-serving, holier than thou gene pool abberations that display their "socially/politically" correct thoughts and feelings by plastering bumper stickers all over the ass end of their Volvo's or Pious'! We've got an infestation of 'em in NorCal and hunting season hasn't opened yet.

Frank, you da man!
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Mike DC

This would be my response to the woman at McD's -

"How many square feet is your house inside?"  

694spdRT

As a whole our old muscle cars are not driven nearly enough to make any difference. I think more gas evaporates out of my tanks than gets burned sometimes.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

ChgrSteve67

I think my lawn mower creates more air pollution in 1 hour than my Charger does all day.

Ghoste

Imagine how much crap Al Gore's groundskeepers generate. 

Mr.Woolery

I would've calmly aked her if she planned to keep her electric car running for 300k+ miles without changing the batteries (the point at which they become ecologically neutral...but impossible to attain).  Then I would have explained to her that her logic was flawed, her premises false, her conclusions invalid, and that her false sense of ecological piety can go screw itself.

If you want to be eco friendly, drive a diesel powered Smart car (unavailable in the US, only the un-eco gas powered ones are), or drive an economy car from the 80's-90's (Geo Metro, Honda CRX HF, etc).  If she was a Prius owner, I would've just punched her for being a gross polluter.
-1971 Charger R/T clone restomod project

For details on my cars, check out my web blog

wayfast1500

I've had to deal with these people a lot riding motocross and trail riding.  I find the best responce is to just ignore them they only do it for attention and it usually gets them pretty upset.  One guy pulled up in his prius as I was putting my bike back in the truck and started to lecture me on how I was damaging the woods and hurting the environment I asked him where he was when the club I was in spent a weekend cleaning trails, fixing bridges for the walking trails ect.

Silver R/T

Should've pointed out a few cars that get just as good of mpg if not better. Nissan sentra, Civic 1.5L, Isuzu diesel, VW diesel, geo metro... and they don't have to be plugged in at the end of the day
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Cooter

Yep, I get hit with the inevidable question at car shows when they spot the twin 4BBls on "Christine"..."Damn, I bet that thing don't get no MPG with those sitting up there huh?"

I simply ask "What was the mileage on your wife's SUV you guys drove in here again? Oh and BTW, Have you ever been asked to pull over for a picture?"  That usually pisses 'em off and they walk away.. That chick only goes to prove that the "Al Gores" of the public are dumb, paniky, ignorant animals and have to be kept on a leash.. Otherwise, they will get themselves into trouble....I think it's time some of these types got their "Ass tanks" filled with some premium Foot...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Hemidog

Quote from: bull on November 16, 2010, 11:27:28 PM
I think that would have been a good time for the simple yet effective MOAB response known as "Go f_c_ yourself, b_t_h."

:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Sublime/Sixpack

flyinlow,
your response was just fine. No sense in stooping to her level.  :2thumbs:
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

Black Charger

flyinlow,

I thought your response to her was spot on. I know that after the fact you wish you had told her where to get off but if you had done that you may have caused others nearby to get mad at you for cussing out a woman. You made your points and if you notice her reponses to you (the whole "you should get an electric car" bit) she couldn't come up with a vaild argument for what you had to say. I'd say she left with her tail between her legs.

Iron Chef

Some idiot at a gas station decided he would tell me what a dinosaur my car was.  After finishing filling the tank, I looked up and said:

"Three million sperm and YOU made it through."

Got in my car and left.
Most of your life should be "off the record."

elacruze

Quote from: RallyeMike on November 16, 2010, 07:55:13 PM
I'm impressed with your civility. Some people just don't get it, and it's really not worth your time because they never will.

I'm not so civil when caught off guard. I'd likely have let the door shut on her arm and told her to mind her own F**ing business.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

bull

rick.d

I cant stand people like that! I see those Prius, and other forms of transportation littering the highways and parking lots everywhere. I saw my first Prius with the "Obama 2012' bumper sticker already....i almost drove off the road peeing my pants! Maybey ask her how her ass would fit inside a Prius????

1969chargerrtse

Keep in mind, annoying stupid people like that are few thank God.  What she said was rude and un warrented.  Basically an unhappy person that is probably miserable to live with.  I wouldn't have thought of much to say either as I would of been caught off guard.  But in the future I would say something like Yeah you go buy the electric car so there is more fuel out there for me.  What I usually tell people up here in Ct is that I'm doing my best to help with global warming so the winters are more mild up here.  I really do say that.  ;D
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Iron Chef on November 29, 2010, 12:26:02 AM
Some idiot at a gas station decided he would tell me what a dinosaur my car was.  After finishing filling the tank, I looked up and said:

"Three million sperm and YOU made it through."

Got in my car and left.
:smilielol:

Oh that's funny.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Ghoste on November 17, 2010, 11:28:06 AM
I wouldn't be too sure about them not getting banned.  There is a very vocal crew of do gooders out to save the world and save you from yourself.  They are organized and active and absolutely dedicated to their new world order.  The other card is that they are very good at feeding the press machine and poor baby seals make for a waaaaaay better story than your cars et.  The public don't generally see the harm in what the green crowd are trying to do.
There's an auto group that watches over this stuff and I am a member and can't remember the name?  Help me here.  It's free to join and in most car mags.?????

Found this on web.

"The classic and antique car lobby pushed for the program to exclude vehicles made before 1984. Consumer and environmental groups went along because they were too busy fighting for fuel efficiency. "

http://blog.motorists.org/will-old-cars-eventually-be-banned/