News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona Clone sort of

Started by loctite, December 03, 2010, 02:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loctite

Here are a few pics of the daytona clone I just finished. I don't post on here much but I check the site out everyday and get some good info. Also I have bought alot of parts from members on here. This was an 8 month project and still has a few things to do. It is far from the real thing and not even close to a copy or clone but it is for driving and having fun in so don't cut me up to bad.  :laugh: It has a 1957 392 hemi which was a job getting it to fit, and a 727 trans with a column shift. I moved the column shift to the floor and installed a pistol grip shifter. Had to make the mounting brackets and linkage for this. It runs and drives great! All pics were taken in Daytona last week at the Turkey rod run.

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

moparstuart

wow i like it   :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:   J R 's race clone also have a 392 in it

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

69bronzeT5

Very nice!!! That 392 Hemi looks great under the hood :cheers:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

68X426

Love the car, no need to be humble, it rocks. :2thumbs:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

loctite

Thanks all... Lots of work as you know building one of these and a whole bunch of money!! Even a clone is not cheap. Not trying to be to humble but i did get the nose up alot last week. I had die hard mopar people look it over and then would ask is it real. I'm not making it out to be something its not so i would tell them no its a clone or copy and I would get O ok and they would walk off.  But hey not many can buy the real deal. Only about 380 daytonas left so I'm fine with that. I did see a real superbird at the swap meet. Body in good shape. no motor or trans. No front glass. $40000. Also saw 2 superbirds pull into the show across from the hotel but when i went over I couldn't find them. They get about 400 cars at night at that show.

loctite

I had it mixed up to the late 60s early 70s hemi orange with the simi gloss black stripe.

Daytona Guy

Very nice - I love it. Great work. That HEMI looks goooooood. More pics please.

loctite

I'll get some more pics up later tonight.

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

xx29440charger

Nice job! :2thumbs: That Hemi looks super cool.

hotrod98

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

loctite

Heres a few pics 8 months ago. One is the charger with all its rust and the other with the nose hanging on and the wing so I could see what I was getting myself into.

THE CHARGER PUNK

nice looking daytona I defs dig the old hemi in there , also see you got a cool r33 skyline :2thumbs:

loctite

The skyline is my sons. He has been building the motor to get more hp. Also repainding  it.