News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

So where are the miniature wing cars?

Started by held1823, December 12, 2010, 08:31:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aero426

Quote from: birdsandbees on February 26, 2020, 11:54:28 AM
Neat.. what's the price on these cars?

Street price should be about $31.99 USD on the standard "Evolution" models and $44.99 on the "Digital" cars.     The Evolution cars are traditional analog slot cars like we grew up with.    The Digital cars have an extra chip that allows multiple cars on a lane for that kind of track set.   

Aero426

Carrera just started breaking into the USAC wing cars when they stopped a couple years ago.   It would be great to see more of these moving forward.    The Butch Hartman and Don White Daytonas would be excellent to see.   Ditto on the Jack Bowsher #21 Talladega.   Contact me for photo references. 

birdsandbees

1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

70 sublime

They are neat cars
I have most of them before they stopped making new ones for a while

They also have lots of Chargers  :2thumbs:
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

held1823

lots of fond memories in this ancient thread.
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

winged69

I am in Canada. I started in wingcars in 1985. One of my earliest is a 1/18 Daytona dated 1992. I have now amassed a collection which I believe is everyone that was built since then including 1/64 and 1/43.
One or two are low production like 1 of 12.
Finally now as nearing retirement I am trying to put them out on display

winged69

I have so many I lost count. First 1/18 was a Daytona from 1992. I like to believe I have all or almost all.

Aero426

Picked up a couple of these on Ebay very recently.     They are 1/64 scale and not easy to find in stores.   

Dave Kanofsky

Cool!  Too bad they mangled that poor Dodge truck!
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

Slottus

Quote from: Aero426 on February 26, 2020, 12:22:19 PM
Carrera just started breaking into the USAC wing cars when they stopped a couple years ago.   It would be great to see more of these moving forward.    The Butch Hartman and Don White Daytonas would be excellent to see.   Ditto on the Jack Bowsher #21 Talladega.   Contact me for photo references. 
Thanks for the offer!
It all depends, how these new offerings are doing in the shops - they're some of the longest-running moulds already, maybe that little break caused by licensing will even help a bit.
And then we have to check, what succession regarding color makes the most sense.

Anybody has the contact to Mr. Stott, by the way?

Aero426

Quote from: Slottus on February 27, 2020, 09:47:08 AM

Anybody has the contact to Mr. Stott, by the way?

I can get it to you.     I am the current owner of the car.     

Slottus

Thanks in advance! :)

Edit: I guess I'm too new to send private messages, I just tried to contact you.

Edit edit: ah, your Inbox is full.

Slottus

Sad to hear that Ramo Stott passed away.  :'(

RIP