News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

hey im new

Started by 2006chargersrt-8, December 29, 2005, 09:23:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2006chargersrt-8

hello everyone my name is jake ranailli and i live in LA i drive an 06 charger srt-8 (yeah i know 4-doors) but im trying to see what i can do to modify this car like wcc did to make it into a two door with out destroying the frame

the attached pics are my srt-8 charger the day i got it
and my wifes srt-8 300 after we tinted the windows

Troy

Well, that went better than I thought it would... :P

Welcome to the site! :wave:

That's a lot of modifying - you may want to ask in the Paint and Body section as well.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

viper r/t

Welcome to the site. Lots of good luck on your car. :thumbs:

Blown70

Quote from: 2006chargersrt-8 on December 29, 2005, 09:23:53 PM
hello everyone my name is jake ranailli and i live in LA i drive an 06 charger srt-8 (yeah i know 4-doors) but im trying to see what i can do to modify this car like wcc did to make it into a two door with out destroying the frame

Welcome,

I would serious think about the amout you may spend to do that mod.... maybe IF DCX makes a challenger it would be cheaper to buy?  ASSUMING they do not make 4 doors.

Tom

BigBlackDodge

The LX's are unibodies aren't they? If thats true the whole car.....floor boards, roof ..etc is the frame, just like the classic Chargers. Seems like it would tkae alot of re-engineering to make it right and safe in a crash!

You know...................you could probably buy a 2 door Charger for the same amount of cash it would take to convert from 4 to 2 doors . :icon_smile:

BBD

Just 6T9 CHGR

Thats a lot of combined horsepower there!

Good luck with the cars & welcome to the site :cheers:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

ramit

DC_1

Who is wcc?

Silver R/T

it would be way too more expensive to make it into 2 door and have it DRIVEABLE than just to buy REAL Charger, ya, a REAL Charger not magnum sedan
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

rare69

welcome to the site. looks like a good mopar family there. just leave the new family car the way it is and enjoy. then if you want a really cool car get a old charger and make it a real mopar family.

Afflyer

Welcome!  Best of luck with your switchover!

Bradley
Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

Big Lebowski

Hey Dude... If you hang out here long enough, you'll want a 2 door Charger, it's a sickness called 2 door Chargerphobia.
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

Wakko

True that.  Welcome aboard.
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

TheGhost

Quote from: Silver R/T on December 29, 2005, 10:58:50 PM
it would be way too more expensive to make it into 2 door and have it DRIVEABLE than just to buy REAL Charger, ya, a REAL Charger not magnum sedan

Your intelligence really shines through in that post, Silver.

Welcome to the site.  You have a daunting task ahead of you, but, at least it's already been done, so you don't have to do it blindly.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Duey

2006, welcome to the site! 

Don't tell the other guys on the board here, but if/when my 540i V8 packs it in, I will seriously consider the SRT-8 as my new family car!

Cheers,
Duey
73 SE Brougham, F3 , 440, 850 Pro-form, 727 w TA 10", 4.10SG

Charger_Croatia

Quote from: Big Lebowski on December 30, 2005, 01:25:16 AM
Hey Dude... If you hang out here long enough, you'll want a 2 door Charger, it's a sickness called 2 door Chargerphobia.

:iagree:  Tell me about that!! 

Welcome!  :wave:

'73 Charger with 400 (under restore)
2018 Infiniti Q50 Hybrid AWD Blue Sport

ChargerBill

Welcome aboard!

One post? This isn't bait is it? :D (ChargerBill reminds himself to NOT take the bait, leave the bait alone)

Stick around, you might learn a thing or two about Chargers. And as far as making the SRT a 2 door...why waste the money? I mean heck, my nasty looking cousing could get implants but...well, you get the point.

JK, hang out and have fun...and be sure to check out all the great info on the classic Charger, the pics of classic Chargers and meet owners of classic Chargers...'cause that's what we're all about - the more the merrier. :thumbs:
Life is a highway...

Duey

Big L, wouldn't "2 Dr Chaargerphobia" be a fear of 2 door Chargers?

I'd prefer that JK get "2-dr Chargeritis"...  ;D

69_500

Welcome to the site.

Many of the people here tend to only like the early chargers, so don't let them rum you off. To be quite honest, most of the people who don't like the new 06 Charger don't car for the 80's chargers either, or even the Chargers past 74.

Me on the other hand, I see each one of them as being unique. I'll admit my favorites are the aero cars of 69. I tried really hard to get the wife to trade the Durango in on a 06 Charger SRT-8.

4402tuff4u

Welcome aboard! Which one handles the turns, acceleration and stopping better? Like mentioned above, you might want to wait and see if a two door Challenger will be available in a couple of years. Sounds like a lot of work on the conversion. Nice cars!
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

Blown70

Quote from: Duey on December 30, 2005, 06:08:02 AM

I'd prefer that JK get "2-dr Chargeritis"... Ā  ;D

ITIS mean inflammation.  Not correct either.

Tom

xs29j8Bullitt

Welcome!  Converting the car to a two door would be a massive undertaking... leave it like it is.  Hopefully a two door muscle car from DCX is coming fairly soon.

XS
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

73dodge

I for one would like to see you do it, and if you do make sure you document the heck of your process and if you are ambitious enough package it as a kit and sell it for $$$

Welcome aboard!!!
Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store NOT a government agency!

hemi68charger

Welcome to the site.. Hope the mod's work out... I would probably wait and get the 2-door Chally.........

Cheers,
Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

4forty

Welcome....Love the 300SRT!! nice ride,   what's the other car?

73dodge

I think you are right Chargerbill

He was baiting us expecting us to start trashing his ride.......................

I've been on the other charger board and they like to do things like that.
Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store NOT a government agency!

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: xs29j8Bullitt on December 30, 2005, 09:40:25 AM

Welcome! Converting the car to a two door would be a massive undertaking... leave it like it is. Hopefully a two door muscle car from DCX is coming fairly soon.

XS

Is true, but maybe that's the way we could show to DCX ho it should be that Coron... I mean "Charger"
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Charger_Fan

It would be easier to buy WCC's car from them & shoot it black. :icon_smile_big:

Oh & welcome aboard. :wave:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

HAZZARDJOHN

... but im trying to see what i can do to modify this car like wcc did to make it into a two door with out destroying the frame

My mechanic told me, "I couldn't fix your brakes, but don't worry I made your horn louder."

ChargerBill

Oh yeah, these new Creeder owners are such nice guys..right? C'mon, this was meant to cause a rift here...the guy only has one post. :rotz:
Life is a highway...

Telvis

andy74

?

73dodge

Quote from: andy74 on December 30, 2005, 05:46:22 PM
?

Just wondering where he went????

1 post and he's gone? I would like to hear a little more about the SRT-8 I hear they are wicked fast.

BigBlackDodge

Quote from: 73dodge on December 30, 2005, 07:01:07 PM
Quote from: andy74 on December 30, 2005, 05:46:22 PM
?

Just wondering where he went????

1 post and he's gone? I would like to hear a little more about the SRT-8 I hear they are wicked fast.

I think he went to look for a hack saw and some super glue! ;D

BBD

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Troy

He's been registered less than a day too. We've had members registered for 4 months that don't even have one post. Lighten up...

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Duey

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on December 30, 2005, 07:52:23 PM
Quote from: 73dodge on December 30, 2005, 07:01:07 PM

1 post and he's gone? 
Like a fart in the wind...

Well guys, ya figure?  The fellow personally introduces himself, notes the four door thing, then talks about undertaking a major project to "do the right thing" and make it a 2-door since al the LX-Charger-lover groups wouldn't touch such an issue then gets a whack load of the oh so tired fugly Magnum sedan deal...

...are you surprised?  Many of you would probably try to run one of us established guys out of town too if we bought the thing.  If I did, and I am thinkg about it to replace a 4-door 540i V8 car with an SRT-8, I would stay here to continue to get the excellent advice from Neil, Ron and others and just to spite you guys!  Heck, there are folks on this board who are further away from getting a Charger, any Charger 2 or 4 door, than this guy who is willing to undertake a major project to improve the crap that Creed and Co. made!  ::)

Duey

TheGhost

Quote from: ChargerBill on December 30, 2005, 05:36:31 PM
Oh yeah, these new Creeder owners are such nice guys..right? C'mon, this was meant to cause a rift here...the guy only has one post. :rotz:

Maybe he actually has a life, and isn't able to check the board every day?

Hell, I DON'T have a life, and find myself hard pressed to check here every day.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.