News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dealer/flippers in wanted ads

Started by skip68, December 18, 2010, 09:43:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skip68

I want to find a way that we can make the members that are only here to buy and sell register as a dealer. 
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Cooter

ROTFLMAO!! Skip, you'd lose about half the members here if that happened....
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

skip68

I'm talking about the members that don't post anywhere other than the for sale/wanted section.  They are not active members and only here to make a buck.   We need to stop them from posting in the wanted section because the cars or parts the need are really going to be sold again.  I'm not saying they need to leave, I'm just trying to come up with a way to make it known to the good generouse members that these guys are only here for money.   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Cooter

I whole heartedly agree with you...Unfortunately, I had to combat it the old fashioned way...I simply charged the going rate and if they sold, they sold, if not, then they didn't...I'm with you on the "False pretences" thing..Don't come to me asking for a lower price to help you out, then I find out you turned a profit off me..Hell, I say let's cut out the "Middle man" and lemme sell directly to the flippers source...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

skip68

So true Cooter, so true... If I was to post stuff in the future it will be top dollar aka what it's worth.   I still think it's just going to be best for me to go right to ebay or craigslist.   The sad thing is the more of us that do this the worse it will be for members in need.  That's one reason I want it stoped as well.  I can't change the rules but I can stop going to that part of this site.  Sad isn't it??? I have given and helped more than these jerks ever will and because we can't regulate them I'm done.

squeakfinder

I've seen it done on other site's. You have to have "lets just say" 50 posts before posting in the classified section.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

Cooter

Sad thing is, they'd just post 50 posts and keep right on doing what they are doing..There's no way to "Moral up" someone who doesn't have any morals...These people are All about the money and that is a bigger draw to them than the cars...

I have a BIG problem with flippers of these cars...

General_01

When I want to see about somebody, I click on their profile and check their last posts. You can see how many posts they have and what kind of posts the have been how long they have been registered. That is a good start to finding out what kind of "member" you are dealing with.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

skip68

I do the same thing.   Hummm...  If that's what people do to learn about me I'm in trouble....

squeakfinder

Quote from: Cooter on December 19, 2010, 04:11:58 PM
Sad thing is, they'd just post 50 posts and keep right on doing what they are doing..There's no way to "Moral up" someone who doesn't have any morals...These people are All about the money and that is a bigger draw to them than the cars...

I have a BIG problem with flippers of these cars...

I should have added; It won't completely fix the problem, but act more as a deterant towards attracting more of these kind of people.   ;)
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

MoparManJim

Maybe the best thing to do to slow down these people is to post there screen handles? I mean this way good members will see and know what these people does.