News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

340 J heads?????

Started by Highbanked Hauler, December 19, 2010, 11:33:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Highbanked Hauler

Are 340 J heads anything special  and how do they compare to 360 heads? :shruggy:
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

71ChallengeHer

I'm not sure , about comparing them. But a J head is a good head.  :2thumbs: My friend has a set. Been bugging me to buy them from him. He said they would "wake my motor up "

Ghoste

IIRC the J head is the same as the 360 head except for bigger valves.

Highbanked Hauler

There is a set on C L  for $300 and I thought they might be worth a try.
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Ghoste

For 300 if they are in decent shape I would think it's a good deal. :shruggy:

471_Magnum

J-heads do not have the big valves. They all came with 1.88s, but are otherwise the same as coveted X-heads. They were used on 340s and 360s.

You can buy reconditioned J-heads for about $500-600. Unless you know they are in good shape, I'd say 300 is a bit much. If they need any work, you'll sink another 300 into them in a heartbeat.
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

maxwellwedge

The T/A heads were also J heads.....modified 360 heads with the larger valves and machining for the off-set push rods.