News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Two requests please.....

Started by Richard Cranium, December 23, 2010, 02:00:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Cranium

1st request:
For my own clarification, does anyone have any pictures that the can post here showing the contour of the underside of the nose cone? Specifically, I'm looking for a side view of the underside of the nose cone from the spoiler to the leading edge of the nose cone. On my nose cone, there seems to be a slight bulge in the area of the license plate and the 2 square air inlets & I need to be sure that's supposed to be there or not.

2nd request:
Has anyone got the paint code for a white wing that'll match the stripe?

Thanks a bunch!   :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

My Daytona is making pretty good progress at the body shop & I should be able to post some pictures pretty soon.
I am Dr. Remulac

hemigeno

Quote from: Richard Cranium on December 23, 2010, 02:00:36 PM
1st request:
For my own clarification, does anyone have any pictures that the can post here showing the contour of the underside of the nose cone? Specifically, I'm looking for a side view of the underside of the nose cone from the spoiler to the leading edge of the nose cone. On my nose cone, there seems to be a slight bulge in the area of the license plate and the 2 square air inlets & I need to be sure that's supposed to be there or not.

Will the attached picture help any?  I may have another around somewhere after paint...

Quote from: Richard Cranium on December 23, 2010, 02:00:36 PM
2nd request:
Has anyone got the paint code for a white wing that'll match the stripe?

Probably best to have the stripe color matched by your paint supplier/jobber.  The color of your underlying primer, age of the stripe, whether it's faded, or simply the stripe material itself could impact hitting an exact match.  What works for one car might not work for another.

:Twocents:

hemigeno

Here's the other picture I thought of:

Richard Cranium

Thanks, those are good. If someone could come up with one of that same area taken straight from the side of the cone, that would be the money shot for me.    :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
I am Dr. Remulac

maxwellwedge

Any of these help?

And for Geno - Do you know the story of the different sized bottom openings? Was it a running change?

Richard Cranium

Is it safe to say that the 1 foot area  of metal between the two square radiator inlets has the same contour as on the left and right of the cutouts?

I'm using a new stripe from Performance Car Graphics. Their instauctions say to use "appliance white", whatever that shade is?
I am Dr. Remulac

69_500

Here is a slightly different angle of Gene's nose on his car.

nascarxx29

:Twocents: I thought the smaller openings under the nose was maybe a early thing.But I remember a old newsletter showing a unique tool from creative industries.That was used as a jig for drilling the spoiler mounting holes and air intake cut out locations
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

randr

I just painted a wing white. I used appliance white or what amounts to undaluted white, matches good. You can see pics on page 6 or 7 of thread called progress. Basicly it's plain white. I got stripe after so I was concerned but worked out great!
I'm Bored! what to do next......

Richard Cranium

Thanks for all the pictures. It really helps.  :2thumbs:
I am Dr. Remulac