News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I hope this is a joke

Started by bull, January 15, 2011, 02:22:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

http://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/cto/2161416520.html

Just found this in my Grandpa's barn - he apparently had a crazy idea none of knew about
most of the work done still needs paint on back 1/2
kind of a shame when you think about it - found the back half of the charger behind the shop under a tarp it's got a 1600 vw motor & no moter infront, it's turned into trunkspace

you gatta see this thing - it's beyond words- $5500 or trade for a '67-'68 thunderbird or toyota corona

BigBlackDodge

'I'am almost done with the restoration......just got a few bugs in it to take care of.'

BBD

200MPH

please let that be photoshopped :brickwall: :RantExplode:
Charger

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Dans 68

1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Belgium R/T -68

Engine in the rear should garantee good traction. :icon_smile_big:

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

68RED4SPEED

Fantastic!!! Worlds number one 12 cyl Charger :lol: :lol: :lol:

maxwellwedge

Enumclaw  - That's where Kasey Kane is from. See what happens to your brain when you jump from a Mopar to a Ford to a Toyota and soon to a Chevy?

nvrbdn

im wondering what his next car with the front of the vw and the back of the charger will look like :smilielol: mabey for 5000 he will throw in the back half of the charger with the drive line? mabey get a deal????
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

John_Kunkel

I'd like to read the replies he's getting from that ad.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

vancamp

I thought the german influence on the charger was a little more recent :D

MoparManJim

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on January 15, 2011, 02:33:19 PM
Oh god.....what a trainwreck :rotz:

Me no see train..  :smilielol: 

It's more along the lines of charger/bug wreck.

I always wondered what a VW and a charger would look like if they mated.. now I know  :eek2:

jaak

:smilielol: :lol: :smilielol: :lol: :smilielol: :lol: :smilielol: :lol: :smilielol: :lol: :smilielol: :lol: :smilielol: :lol: :smilielol: :lol: :smilielol: :lol: :smilielol: :lol: :smilielol: :lol: :smilielol: :lol: :smilielol: :lol: :smilielol: :lol: :smilielol: :lol: :smilielol: :lol: :smilielol: :lol: :smilielol: :lol: :smilielol: :lol: :smilielol: :lol: :smilielol: :lol: :smilielol: :lol: :smilielol: :lol: :smilielol: :lol: :smilielol: :lol: :smilielol: :lol: :smilielol: :lol: :smilielol: :lol: :smilielol: :lol: :smilielol: :lol: :smilielol: :lol: :smilielol: :lol: :smilielol: :lol: :smilielol: :lol: :smilielol: :lol: :smilielol: :lol:  :smilielol: Thats hilarious!  Looks like a Charger shittin' out a VW.

Jason

Rallye

All the VW purists out there must be pissed.
1972 Charger Rallye - 400magnum

ChargerSG

Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

The70RT

It must be a joke, he will take a Toyota Corona in trade...wtf.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

bakerhillpins

Just dropped over here to post on this very subject. I think I am going to cry.. WTH???    :rotz: :rotz: :rotz: :rotz: :rotz: :rotz: :rotz:

:slap: :slap: :slap: :eek2: :eek2:

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Tilar

Quote from: jaak on January 15, 2011, 05:15:57 PM
:lol: :smilielol: :lol: :smilielol: :lol: :smilielol: :lol: :smilielol: :lol: :smilielol: :lol: :smilielol: :lol: :smilielol: :lol:  :smilielol: Thats hilarious!  Looks like a Charger shittin' out a VW.

Jason

:rofl:

I guess after laughing at this thing, All I can say is "PARTS".
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

twodko

FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

471_Magnum

Photo chopped. Funny though.
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

MoparManJim

Quote from: 471_Magnum on January 15, 2011, 05:52:24 PM

Thats what i was thinking also, I would sure love to see the roof view though.

jaak

Quote from: 471_Magnum on January 15, 2011, 05:52:24 PM

Yeah I think it's photoshopped too.... ad does say '68 Charger, but it has 69 fender in pic.

Jason

bull

Someone needs to get the VIN for Chris... :D

vancamp

if you look close it has 5 spoke cragars all around but bugs were a weird size 4 bolt, im agreeing its a photoshop job

TylerCharger69

Corona??   I thought that was Corolla!!!   I sure hope that's not real....That's just sinful

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Wife thought it was "cute"  :popcrn: What does she know  :nana:

Richard Cranium

Quote from: TylerCharger69 on January 15, 2011, 06:20:05 PM
Corona??   I thought that was Corolla!!!   I sure hope that's not real....That's just sinful

Obviously, someone has had one too many Coronas.
I am Dr. Remulac

BigBlackDodge

They made Corona's too.......my sister had one years ago.

BBD

Bobs69

they advertise it as a 68 but the fenders are not 68.  Then again nothing is right about it.  If it's real ...............................the fella that built it must have been drinking paint or something.

doctor4766

Please someone local to that car go take a look and if it really does exist, slap the guy around some.
And just for a laugh get some more pics
Gotta love a '69

Cooter

Quote from: vancamp on January 15, 2011, 06:17:03 PM
if you look close it has 5 spoke cragars all around but bugs were a weird size 4 bolt, im agreeing its a photoshop job

Years ago, they sold wheels adapters so you could run the more popualr wheel lug patterns...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Bobs69

Quote from: doctor4766 on January 15, 2011, 07:49:30 PM
Please someone local to that car go take a look and if it really does exist, slap the guy around some.
And just for a laugh get some more pics

Take someone with you so they can vedio you when slapping the guy around.

The70RT

Quote from: BigBlackDodge on January 15, 2011, 07:42:59 PM
They made Corona's too.......my sister had one years ago.

BBD

As late as 2002

A383Wing

Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on January 15, 2011, 06:27:16 PM
Wife thought it was "cute"  :popcrn: What does she know  :nana:

she probably thought you were cute at one time also  :nana:

bakerhillpins

Quote from: vancamp on January 15, 2011, 06:17:03 PM

I thought that maybe the back half of the charger was so far gone that they chopped off the charger at the rear window and just grafted the bodywork from the bug onto the charger frame.  :shruggy:

96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein

471_Magnum

There is a reason he only gives a profile shot. Those two cars don't come close in any dimension other than height.  You'd have to take about a 12" section out of the center line of a charger to get the width close.

Again, nice photo chop.

"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

nvrbdn

Quote from: 471_Magnum on January 15, 2011, 08:30:59 PM
There is a reason he only gives a profile shot. Those two cars don't come close in any dimension other than height.  You'd have to take about a 12" section out of the center line of a charger to get the width close.

Again, nice photo chop.

:2thumbs: right like hooking a round piece of wood to a rectangle piece. no way to match.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

bakerhillpins

Quote from: 471_Magnum on January 15, 2011, 08:30:59 PM

Again, nice photo chop.

Or split the bug back end and weld in some width. Though there would need to be a lot of metalwork to integrate the top of the fender from the body of the charger into the flat side of the beetle.

Still I do think it's a shop too...  :popcrn:
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

SRT-440

Quote from: BigBlackDodge on January 15, 2011, 02:27:45 PM
'I'am almost done with the restoration......just got a few bugs in it to take care of.'

BBD
that was the funniest thing I've heard in a long time!! LOL
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog..."

2012 SRT8 392 Challenger (SOLD)
2004 Dodge Stage 1 SRT-4 (SOLD)
1970 Plymouth Road Runner Clone w/6.1 HEMI (SOLD)
1971 Dodge Dart w/440 (SOLD)
1985 Buick Grand National w/'87 swap and big turbo (SOLD)

squeakfinder

Quote from: SRT-440 on January 16, 2011, 05:18:59 PM
Quote from: BigBlackDodge on January 15, 2011, 02:27:45 PM

BBD
that was the funniest thing I've heard in a long time!! LOL

That was pretty funny.

Shadow on rear fender/quarter doesn't look wright. The sale pending in the title is a good way to bail out if somebody really wants to see it.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

The70RT

He...it's a joke, there is no way the fenders would stick out at all with the bug being so much narrower.

vancamp

Quote from: The70RT on January 16, 2011, 08:59:01 PM
He...it's a joke, there is no way the fenders would stick out at all with the bug being so much narrower.

actually i dont think its that much smaller believe it or not i believe the hub to hub width on a beetle is 53" and total width with fenders is about  61"

Hemidog

"you gatta see this thing - it's beyond words"

Definitely.  :smilielol:

billssuperbird

DustinSimmonds

Such a shame, It had so much potential.  :'( Ha, but yea I sure hope that is "photo-chopped." No Charger should ever have to suffer such and atrocity!  :slap:

Bobs69

If it photoshoped or not the guy should be shot with balls of his own shit for thinking of it!

bull

I emailed the guy but never heard back. I know it's BS so I nominated the guy for "Best of Craigslist" a couple times. :icon_smile_big:

Dave Kanofsky

This is a crime against nature, even as a photochop!
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

ACUDANUT

Whats next, a 2nd gen Charger with a 2.2 or with a Chevy 4.3 ??

Ponch ®

Looks like a redneck Panamera.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

6pkrtse

1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic

dodgert68

I think if looks a litte harder out behind the shop he'll find some other "stuff" because the old dude was on some good s#!t..... :rofl:

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

TXcharger70

maybe that is what gave BMW this inspiration